Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Subforum VX3

We will have to wait and see if there will be a need or if a dealer will sponsor another forum, but right now I think we will keep the V family together.

Larry (IL) said:
We will have to wait and see if there will be a need or if a dealer will sponsor another forum, but right now I think we will keep the V family together.

A redhead stepchild in the family.......:rofl:

The Shark

I can't see the need. It's like the MXT/M6. Why would the M6 need a separate forum, it doesn't?

Rob (IL) said:
I can't see the need. It's like the MXT/M6. Why would the M6 need a separate forum, it doesn't?

I hope everyone understands my prior comment was just a joke and that is all. The VX has a place in the Whites lineup and it is good business to provide it.

Having the VX3 in the V3/V3i forum may be a stretch. There are a multitude of questions that would be VX specific that would not apply to the V3 and in the long run it may kill much of the V3 interest here. I know I tune out when the noise level becomes to great even in areas I normally enjoy. Case in point, the VX is intended to be more of an entry level machine and the V3 is the state of the art. Sounds like prop planes vs. jets to me me and everything in between. Please note I'm not attacking you Rob, in fact I think you are brilliant, We just disagree in this case and I think you may see my point once you have more time to reflect on it.

Let's look at it another way. Toyota and Lexus are part of the same organization, and in MANY cases the cars share interchangeable parts. But Lexus owners do not want to deal with Toyota issues in their fishbowls on-line. Much the same as there have been model delineations that take place in these forums with manufacturer models. XLT, M6, DLT and so on come to mind and it is not just Whites where this applies. In many cases some models are a subset of other models and this happens all over product lines be it cars, detectors, computers, GPS or whatever. The precedent in these forums has already been set, but in the end the message traffic should be the real determining factor and I can see where the buzz around the VX3 does warrant its own area.

And before anyone says it I will - Shark you are a new member what do you know. I would say that my web/Internet/forum/relaymail/BBS knowledge is vast considering I was using computers to exchange information long before the Internet ever existed. Well, in its current widely accepted form anyway. Running a 2 line BBS back in the day was a great environment to learn and understand how and why protocols were established to create some of the hierarchies we now use and enjoy daily. This is just one example......

The Shark

Both machines will have the same insides. That is why there will be no new bugs. The V3i will have all the VX3 controls, it will just have more options. Never having run a VX3, I would just pick it up and go. If some one wants to start a VX3 forum that's fine. Whites has chosen to lump them all in one forum. I'm not arguing. Whatever happens is fine with me.

entry level top end, just like the best but less hair pulling, for the not too serious who still want to find the good stuff , should help sell more machines. lots of people like the easy button.. fine with me.

Ray-Mo. said:

Ok, entry level for the V family.

I almost left a very nasty reply to this, but I took time to take a breath and opted not to do so. Next time please post a few lines instead of a subject because it is a little rude or snarky to in effect trash someones idea(s) with little or no justification IMHO.

There are many on-line forums that will not permit no text posts because it is considered rude and I know the smile indicates you meant it in the kindest possible way and that is cool. I am just being honest and that is all.

The Shark