Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Suck in Overload

kapidr

Once again my DFX-300 is stuck in Overload, I forget what the suggestions were last time this happened to try to fix it. What can I try before sending it in for service?

It worked the day before yesterday but when I went to turn it on yesterday it was in overload.

I tried turning it on, taking out the battery and putting it back in. Didn't fix it.

I tried moving around in case something was interfering, that didn't help and my spare DFX that was with me worked fine.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Barbara

Did you try a different coil?

Ugh NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Ok because this happened before and it wasn't the coil and they had to replace the board for me I assumed it was that again.

Never assume!

I just tried another coil and it is not stuck in overload with that coil.

Now my problem, my coil is a BIGFOOT COIL. (both of them) one works fine, the other has the DFX stuck in Overload Is that BIGFOOT Coil fixable???

CRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard someone will fix them but I don't know who that is. You might want to call Jimmy Sierra or someone who works there, I'm sure they would know.

Good luck.

I found this information during an internet search. I'll be calling him once it's a decent time of day in California :) I'll let everyone know here what happens..

COIL REPAIR
Bigfoot, Goldfoot, Hot Shot And Other Applied Creativity Loops

William Lahr
514 West Bennett Street
Compton, CA 90220-4604
Phone: (310) 635-0869
E-mail: coilrepair@gmail.com

William Lahr says he still repairs them and it's likely the coil shield needing repaired. He says he's done this many times and he only charges 50 bucks to fix it. Hope this info helps someone else someday too :) Sending mine out now!

:thumbup:

I heard he was reasonable in repairs.

Try some contact cleaner on the end of the connector that goes into the detector, make sure it's dry before reattaching. Check the coil cover if you have one installed.

Um I went to look at how much contact cleaner is and Warmart wants like 800 bucks for some LOL Gotta be a misprint no????

Funny mistake. You don't need it anyway since it is the coil.

Got my coil back from repairs today and it works great! I highly recommend this man :) Very very very happy to have my bigfoot coil back working!