Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sudden run on detectors local

gunwolf

have a friend who has been looking at the Fisher brand at cabela's the past few weeks. he said the past few times he was there they had alot in stock and different models to choose from. he went back a few days ago and they were sold out! the guy working told him it has been crazy with people asking about and buying metal detectors... what's up? hidden treasure in SC I don't know about? or could it be the 1000's of new MDing videos on youtube showing all the silver and gold? and don't get me started on the "fake" finds, that's another whole thread.
I know interest in this hobby runs high and low at times... any thoughts? explanations?

I’ve not heard anything out this way....... we do have someone now digging ugly plugs on the university that we would like to find and hang tho. Did someone back there stumble onto something that made local news and it spread? Remember the couple walking their dog and found a hidden cache of gold coins, massive run on detectors in the region.

I’ve not heard anything out this way....... we do have someone now digging ugly plugs on the university that we would like to find and hang tho. Did someone back there stumble onto something that made local news and it spread? Remember the couple walking their dog and found a hidden cache of gold coins, massive run on detectors in the region.
Maybe it was Jim (TN?) posting that most pennies are still in the ground & concerning the Coin Shortage--One new detectorist found hidden stolen antique coins his first time out--turned over to police for being stolen & reburied lately1 THE OWNER WAS GLAD TO GET THEM BACK! Ma

have a friend who has been looking at the Fisher brand at cabela's the past few weeks. he said the past few times he was there they had alot in stock and different models to choose from. he went back a few days ago and they were sold out! the guy working told him it has been crazy with people asking about and buying metal detectors... what's up? hidden treasure in SC I don't know about? or could it be the 1000's of new MDing videos on youtube showing all the silver and gold? and don't get me started on the "fake" finds, that's another whole thread.
I know interest in this hobby runs high and low at times... any thoughts? explanations?
When we visit the Myrtle Beach area (about three weeks a year) I normally see a lot of people detecting the beaches. This past visit, just over a week ago, I only saw one person who had an older Garrett Ace and was digging with a garden hoe. I never saw him pick up a target; I'm guessing the detector did not ground balance to the salt and he was getting a lot of false signals over the wet sand. I went over to talk with him and he pulled a mask up and turned away so I turned and went on my own way. Wife and I were loving that there were no mask requirements in South Carolina so I guess the guy was from elsewhere and indoctrinated with fear. Anyway, I saw no indication that the run on detectors in your area ended up beach detecting.

I do know that Minelab 6" coils are sold out everywhere and on back order most places .. Ordered one a month ago, no word on it as of yet.
My buddy just on Fri picked up the 6" and 15" Nox coils from a dealer in Jackson Ms, when he was passing through. Pretty sure the dealer I just bought my Nox 600 from said he had a 6" coil if I was interested? Maybe some have been received just recently??? HH jim tn