Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Suggestions For An E-Trac Beginner

mike - in

I'm getting my E-trac in a few days and was wondering from those who are used to it now which mode I should start in and should I do any "tweaking" of the settings first? I've hunted with just about everything "except" the Explorer line so I'm used to tweaking things. Any favorite patterns that would be good to get a running start?

Thanks! Mike

By no means an expert here! Just what I did: Down load the manual from Minelab site for the Etrac and read while Etrac is en route. Look at all the post you can on the Etrac. When the Etrac get there turn it on and go for it. I started with the coin pattern. I have played around w/ some of the settings but nothing firm yet, except I like the manual setting for sensitivity. Good luck and post you finds.

Mike-
I would start with the coin mode program that's in the machine. Do some air testing to see what sounds the different items you want to find sound like. And then I would dig everything to learn what the machine is telling you. From there...the world is your oyster. Now...go dig 'em:super:

The first one I used was my bud's. He had set it up in coin mode, auto sens, 4 tone. I used the numbers in stead of the smart screen. I started digging low FE numbers from 9-14 and higher conductive numbers from about 42 on up to start. Dig the targets that are deep because the numbers will get kinda screwy after about 6 inches. I have dug wheaties and an indian with conductive numbers down in the 30s. TMAN...

The factory default mode is perfect, I would get a good set of head phones if you do not have them already. Put something over the screen so you cant see it and force yourself to listen to the sounds.

Can't wait to get this machine and give it a spin! I hunt by sound only after getting fooled too many times by the screen :( so if the sounds of those deep targets are good we may have a good relationship! Mike

A. Change Variability to max on preset coin....Conductive Sound MULTI... lower threshold to just audible
B.never go over 24 manual first 30 hours ....learn to swicth between auto +3 and manual without thinking about IT
C .Deep On fast.....Fast OFF....Noise cancel every hour-90 minutes....
D. Difficult Ground.....
E. High Trash
F. Pay attention to sound.... ignore small sporadic sounds.....Sweet round sounds will be self evident...
This is THE solid foundation you will need to progress quickly.....to the next stage...
Hope this helps

Happy Trails
Jim Pugh