Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summary of 2022 Finds

floodplaindetector

This is a summary of all my best finds made in 2022.
All finds were made with my Minelab E-Trac metal detector. Coils used were 10x12 SEF. My 12x15 SEF coil was also briefly used.
Sites detected were all public except 1 quick farmhouse permission where I pulled a 1964 Roosevelt Dime and a 1942 Wheat Penny.

Due to a year of high gas prices, my travel was greatly reduced this year, but I still had a lot of fun researching and hunting in this awesome hobby.
I made it as far south as Nebraska right at the end of the year. States detected were the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.

The most exciting find for me has to be pulling that deep 1855 Seated Half Dollar this spring out of a small-town Minnesota city park. I never thought I would get that bucket lister coin.
Also pulling my oldest Morgan Dollar ever (1882) with a 1905 Barber Quarter in the same hole and running into a few gold rings was an added bonus.

I also attached my newer clad coin totals for the year. I skip a lot of the shallow clad coins as I go after the deep old ones but make an effort to retrieve most of the quarter signals.

Again, I want to thank everyone who viewed and commented on my finds throughout the year. I really appreciate it.
I also want to give Elmy a shout out for all his insight, suggestions and observations during the year that continue to push my settings as far as they can go.

Dave
HalfDollars.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
Jewelry.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
IndianHeadPennies.jpg
TokensAndRelics.jpg
MorganAndSeatedHalf.jpg
1956GoldClassRing.jpg
SemiKeyDateWheatPenny.jpg
CladTotals.jpg

Wow Dave, Wow!
You know I really appreciate the tokens so, thanks for including them in you totals.
I think Charles Garrett was credited with a quote to the effect that you couldn't detect all the treasure near your home base in a lifetime.
With your reduced travel and still nailing piles of silver and keepers, I'd say you're giving that quote a run for it's money! Thanks for sharing another year of your adventures.

Dave,

Failed to meet up again this past year. Maybe next. How many silvers did you get? And James?

Chris
Hi Chris another year gone and only got out one time and used my Shadow X5 being it is light weight and easy to use. I only could detect for about a hour before I fell over as I dont balance very good anymore and leg dont take too much anymore.
On James we havent seen much of him anymore as I hear he has a girlfriend and you know how that goes, our friend Tim tried to call him several time to go out and hit some spots like they used to do.

Rick

Good year for you. Hope this new year is as good or better for ya.

Nice total Dave I have yet to see what my silver is only coins I keep track of clad I spend as I find the river spots have been very good lots of un detected spots still to hit.
Mark

Hi Chris another year gone and only got out one time and used my Shadow X5 being it is light weight and easy to use. I only could detect for about a hour before I fell over as I dont balance very good anymore and leg dont take too much anymore.
On James we havent seen much of him anymore as I hear he has a girlfriend and you know how that goes, our friend Tim tried to call him several time to go out and hit some spots like they used to do.

Rick
I’m sorry to hear Rick. I hope you feel better.

I am speechless 😶 at your finds in public parks!!! Absolutely stunning year! You are the master guru with the ETrac! I wish you massive treasure in 2023!! Maybe a cache of silver seated halves 😳

thanks Mike!
Great story with Charles Garrett. I have a bunch of his old books.
Will try to hit some more tokens next spring..
Dave
Wow Dave, Wow!
You know I really appreciate the tokens so, thanks for including them in you totals.
I think Charles Garrett was credited with a quote to the effect that you couldn't detect all the treasure near your home base in a lifetime.
With your reduced travel and still nailing piles of silver and keepers, I'd say you're giving that quote a run for it's money! Thanks for sharing another year of your adventures.

Hey Chris,
Sure, we can get together next year. Just counted, silver coin count looks to be 196.
I haven't hunted with James for about a year and half so I can't speak on what he got.
thanks for taking a look!
Dave
Dave,

Failed to meet up again this past year. Maybe next. How many silvers did you get? And James?

Chris

Thanks for taking a look, Rick!
I will stop over next spring and see if I can eek an oldy by your old gym/school site.
That area had some masking going on if I remember. Its been a few years.

Dave

Rick

Thanks Jimmy! Yep, eTrac is a very effective tank of a machine when you have used it thousands of hours.
Dave
I am speechless 😶 at your finds in public parks!!! Absolutely stunning year! You are the master guru with the ETrac! I wish you massive treasure in 2023!! Maybe a cache of silver seated halves 😳

This is a summary of all my best finds made in 2022.
All finds were made with my Minelab E-Trac metal detector. Coils used were 10x12 SEF. My 12x15 SEF coil was also briefly used.
Sites detected were all public except 1 quick farmhouse permission where I pulled a 1964 Roosevelt Dime and a 1942 Wheat Penny.

Due to a year of high gas prices, my travel was greatly reduced this year, but I still had a lot of fun researching and hunting in this awesome hobby.
I made it as far south as Nebraska right at the end of the year. States detected were the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.

The most exciting find for me has to be pulling that deep 1855 Seated Half Dollar this spring out of a small-town Minnesota city park. I never thought I would get that bucket lister coin.
Also pulling my oldest Morgan Dollar ever (1882) with a 1905 Barber Quarter in the same hole and running into a few gold rings was an added bonus.

I also attached my newer clad coin totals for the year. I skip a lot of the shallow clad coins as I go after the deep old ones but make an effort to retrieve most of the quarter signals.

Again, I want to thank everyone who viewed and commented on my finds throughout the year. I really appreciate it.
I also want to give Elmy a shout out for all his insight, suggestions and observations during the year that continue to push my settings as far as they can go.

Dave
View attachment 34735View attachment 34736View attachment 34737View attachment 34738View attachment 34739View attachment 34740View attachment 34741View attachment 34742View attachment 34744View attachment 34745
I really look forward to your finds. If there was a "Finds Hall of Fame" you would get my vote. Good luck in 2023!