Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summary of 2022 Finds

This is a summary of all my best finds made in 2022.
All finds were made with my Minelab E-Trac metal detector. Coils used were 10x12 SEF. My 12x15 SEF coil was also briefly used.
Sites detected were all public except 1 quick farmhouse permission where I pulled a 1964 Roosevelt Dime and a 1942 Wheat Penny.

Due to a year of high gas prices, my travel was greatly reduced this year, but I still had a lot of fun researching and hunting in this awesome hobby.
I made it as far south as Nebraska right at the end of the year. States detected were the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.

The most exciting find for me has to be pulling that deep 1855 Seated Half Dollar this spring out of a small-town Minnesota city park. I never thought I would get that bucket lister coin.
Also pulling my oldest Morgan Dollar ever (1882) with a 1905 Barber Quarter in the same hole and running into a few gold rings was an added bonus.

I also attached my newer clad coin totals for the year. I skip a lot of the shallow clad coins as I go after the deep old ones but make an effort to retrieve most of the quarter signals.

Again, I want to thank everyone who viewed and commented on my finds throughout the year. I really appreciate it.
I also want to give Elmy a shout out for all his insight, suggestions and observations during the year that continue to push my settings as far as they can go.

Dave
View attachment 34735View attachment 34736View attachment 34737View attachment 34738View attachment 34739View attachment 34740View attachment 34741View attachment 34742View attachment 34744View attachment 34745
That is amazing finds! I'm new to the site and an old retired guy. Up until this fall I have probably found no more than a dozen good finds. including only 1 silver 1951 dime. A few years ago I even hunted a 1699-1700 house never hunted before, 5 or 6 times. I found only iron, with my etrac and then equinox. From mid October I have found about 1/2 doezen wheaties, 1 1945 quarter, 2 well worn mercs, a 1901 barber nickel, a 1906 barber quarter, and my bucketlister 1875 Carson City seated dime. I feel that I have finally lost the title of "The World's Worst Metal Detectorest".

That is amazing finds! I'm new to the site and an old retired guy. Up until this fall I have probably found no more than a dozen good finds. including only 1 silver 1951 dime. A few years ago I even hunted a 1699-1700 house never hunted before, 5 or 6 times. I found only iron, with my etrac and then equinox. From mid October I have found about 1/2 doezen wheaties, 1 1945 quarter, 2 well worn mercs, a 1901 barber nickel, a 1906 barber quarter, and my bucketlister 1875 Carson City seated dime. I feel that I have finally lost the title of "The World's Worst Metal Detectorest".
I forgot, a 1999 Indian and a 1959 Indian.

Great year! Interesting that you have way more clad quarters than pennies, nickels or dimes. I've always seen more of the lower than the 25 centers

Great year! Interesting that you have way more clad quarters than pennies, nickels or dimes. I've always seen more of the lower than the 25 centers
I also dig more clad quarters than all other coinage. Depends on what signals you are willing to dig....a clad dime or a penny or the quarter.....The quarter is a dig me signal every time for me at least. Most times , I pass on clad dimes or pennies unless they are deep. Just me, not speaking for FPD.

Last edited:
Yep, Elmy you hit the nail on the head.
It all depends on what a person wants to spend their time digging. It is worth my time to pick up a shallow clad quarter or half dollar. Probably 1% of the clad quarters turn out to be surface silver rings or jewelry and I have had silver rings read like a surface half dollar before also.
It takes alot of effort to dig 25 pennies vs 1 clad quarter and alot of times the zincolns are toasty and arent even worth 1 cent. A few times over the years a very shallow 1-2 inch zinc penny signal ends up being an Indian head penny but that is a rarity for me.
Alot of the clad dimes I dig are deeper and in the 60s that are on the fringe of being silver. This year I do remember one spill where I pulled 63,64,65 dimes in the same hole so it paid off that time.
On a separate note, I have a massive collection of golf balls as I pick those up. You would be surprised in open areas how many people have the urge to drive a golf ball :)

Dave
I also dig more clad quarters than all other coinage. Depends on what signals you are willing to dig....a clad dime or a penny or the quarter.....The quarter is a dig me signal every time for me at least. Most times , I pass on clad dimes or pennies unless they are deep. Just me, not speaking for FPD.

All I can say is I’m textless….. WOW!!!

Good stuff as usual. You had a great year because you obviously know what you're doing. I've got all my finds separated and stored by the towns they were found in, so it would be a nightmare for me to take pictures of a year of detecting like that.

thanks. Yep, I separate all my finds by year. I buy a large plastic hobby container with divided compartments at the beginning of each year and add a label for the current year and continually add to it during the year.
Good stuff as usual. You had a great year because you obviously know what you're doing. I've got all my finds separated and stored by the towns they were found in, so it would be a nightmare for me to take pictures of a year of detecting like that.

This is a summary of all my best finds made in 2022.
All finds were made with my Minelab E-Trac metal detector. Coils used were 10x12 SEF. My 12x15 SEF coil was also briefly used.
Sites detected were all public except 1 quick farmhouse permission where I pulled a 1964 Roosevelt Dime and a 1942 Wheat Penny.

Due to a year of high gas prices, my travel was greatly reduced this year, but I still had a lot of fun researching and hunting in this awesome hobby.
I made it as far south as Nebraska right at the end of the year. States detected were the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.

The most exciting find for me has to be pulling that deep 1855 Seated Half Dollar this spring out of a small-town Minnesota city park. I never thought I would get that bucket lister coin.
Also pulling my oldest Morgan Dollar ever (1882) with a 1905 Barber Quarter in the same hole and running into a few gold rings was an added bonus.

I also attached my newer clad coin totals for the year. I skip a lot of the shallow clad coins as I go after the deep old ones but make an effort to retrieve most of the quarter signals.

Again, I want to thank everyone who viewed and commented on my finds throughout the year. I really appreciate it.
I also want to give Elmy a shout out for all his insight, suggestions and observations during the year that continue to push my settings as far as they can go.

Dave
View attachment 34735View attachment 34736View attachment 34737View attachment 34738View attachment 34739View attachment 34740View attachment 34741View attachment 34742View attachment 34744View attachment 34745
You had a GREAT year of detecting! Congratulations! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!!
Blind Squirrel