Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summary of CTX3030 updates

I'm 63 and swing a 3030.
With 11" coil.
My pro Swing 45 works great.
I'm thin so it took me some time to finally get it adjusted.
When I did ,it has allowed me to enjoy longer hunts with less energy.
Good luck on your choice,it is a pricy but works great.

When I use the pro swing, the back keeps creeping up. Is there a way to keep the back from creeping up? Thanks in advance.

I purchased the Pro Swing 45 from Kellyco for @ $129.00.
It takes some time to adjust the Plastic "L" bracket and Velcro back strap.But once you have it adjusted to your body,it helps a lot with the CTX weight issue.
I'm 63 and of slender build (155#) an the harness's top chest strap will not adjust tight enough for me.
Not a problem,just an issue I'm dealing with.
I use it on land & in the salt water,wash it down with my equipment when done.
It has a good "D" ring to attach the WM10 module and I consider it a worthy accessory,

Excal ll w/ pinpoint & Harold's headphones & Myer's Straight shaft & Anderson knob protector.
CTX 3030
Whites DFX with Whites D2 10" coil
Go Find 40 (for my Grandson)

I had one of the first 3030’s released, it failed miserably on wet salt here in Virginia. Cost me several nights stay here and NJ beaches.

I’m a long time fan and user of Minelab machines so this isn’t coming out of nowhere from a non believer/non user.

The patch fixed the salt issue for which I was happy.

My bad shoulder caused me to sell my 3030’s

I personally never cared for the 12 line grouping on target ID

I loved the smart screen on my explorer and would have preferred a waterproof explorer, it was great on salt,

Glad they were able to fix the glitch but disappointing they never made a SOFTWARE UPGRADE which pretty sure they marketed.

I’ve been involved in metal detecting since 1973, sadly I think our great hobby is on borrowed time.

Detectors have improved leaps and bounds since 1973.

I hunt 5 - 7 hrs in the surf 2-3 days/wk w the 17" coil (no harness) and it forces me to swing slowly. But it is a real workout and takes time to build stamina. You don't want to wear a harness in the surf. But I LOVE my 17" coil; it gives me that extra coverage and extra coverage is what it is all about. A little extra depth helps, too.
...out of my cold dead hands...

I've been using the DetectorPro "Detecting Pal" sling for the last three years with the CTX and the 17" coil, on the beach and in the saltwater. I typically hunt from early light to about lunchtime, about 5-6 hours. Some type of sling is needed or shoulder and arm trouble it likely from repetitive injury. The Detecting Pal is cushioned, doesn't feel uncomfortable once you've begun swinging, and I can keep the coil even with the ground. By twisting at the hips a bit, you can extend the swing side-to-side a bit more than swinging without a sling. While some of the device paddings have worn away where it gets friction at the shoulder area, it was the cheapest by far and has earned its keep.