Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Ray Probe for All Tesoro Models!!!

:Left4Dead

So I know Sun Ray wont make a probe for any TESORO detector. Not sure why but.... Why couldn't Tesoro make on for their own detectors? I wonder if this has been talked about at Tesoro? Anyone like the Idea?

I would buy one for around 150.00 , because the pro pointer is around 130.00 give or take. Seems a fair price.

Mike

Personally I couldn't see spending an additional $150.00 for something that already pinpoints like a dream.

SkiWhiz said:
Personally I couldn't see spending an additional $150.00 for something that already pinpoints like a dream.

Recovery, not pinpointing. SkiWhiz you will have a change of heart if you ever use a Propointer. Now go ahead and order one! :)

tabman

tabman said:
SkiWhiz said:

Recovery, not pinpointing. SkiWhiz you will have a change of heart if you ever use a Propointer. Now go ahead and order one! :)

tabman
Propinter :unsure: with my luck it wouldsound like that other yellow thing :rolleyes:. I could have the goodie "recovered" while you're getting the Prowhatyacallit pulled out of its holster ;).

SkiWhiz said:
tabman said:
SkiWhiz said:

tabman
Propinter :unsure: with my luck it wouldsound like that other yellow thing :rolleyes:. I could have the goodie "recovered" while you're getting the Prowhatyacallit pulled out of its holster ;).

First of all, I never holster my propointer. I carry it in my left hand with my Lesche digger. I dig hundreds of targets in a single hunt. If you honestly believe that you can dig and recover more targets without one, more power to you. I can honestly say without one I would recover far less targets. People who have never used a propointer and claim that they can recover targets faster without one are very special.

Also putting tape over the speaker hole to keep dirt and water out, also muffles the sound. You really don't need the sound, because the propointer vibrates more rapidly as it gets closer to the target.

You might change your way of thinking, if you ever get around to using a propointer.:) Until that time, you can't say honestly one way or the other.

tabman

:Left4Dead said:
So I know Sun Ray wont make a probe for any TESORO detector. Not sure why but.... Why couldn't Tesoro make on for their own detectors? I wonder if this has been talked about at Tesoro? Anyone like the Idea?

I would buy one for around 150.00 , because the pro pointer is around 130.00 give or take. Seems a fair price.

Mike

I am not a big fan of the Sun Ray type of PP, they are to detector specific and they add weight to the detector. So for me I will stay with my pro pointer. The Tejon does pin point pretty good and for me it seems to size the target at the same time.

Ron in WV

tabman said:
SkiWhiz said:
tabman said:
SkiWhiz said:

tabman

First of all, I never holster my propointer. I carry it in my left hand with my Lesche digger. I dig hundreds of targets in a single hunt. If you honestly believe that you can dig and recover more targets without one, more power to you. I can honestly say without one I would recover far less targets. People who have never used a propointer and claim that they can recover targets faster without one [size=large]are very special[/size].

Also putting tape over the speaker hole to keep dirt and water out, also muffles the sound. You really don't need the sound, because the propointer vibrates more rapidly as it gets closer to the target.

You might change your way of thinking, if you ever get around to using a propointer.:) Until that time, you can't say honestly one way or the other.

tabman
I am very special, just ask my wife, lol. I am not arguing with you tabman, I am sure the propointer is just fine but to me it is just another expense, another thing to have to carry & I am just a school ground, tot lots, and parks hunter and don't get real serious about detecting. I do love the hobby don't get me wrong but what I/we do is....... when I get some time inbetween chores on the farm take my wife and my 8 year old son to a playground,etc. and my wife & I take turns detecting while the other is watching and playing with our son. Would love to have the the time and money to do some serious detecting though, we never see another detectorist anywhere up here and know there are places that have old coins. I am happy finding a handful of clad and some jewelry even if its junk jewelry but the few times in the almost 30 years that I have found a old coin reallly makes my day. Sorry to ramble on. Steve.

P.S. I was just kidding about the sound of the Propointer, I have never heard one, I was just poking a little humor at the yellow squawker that I don't care for but so many others do. And besides I love to get my buddy slingshot going :poke:.

I agree with Ron in WV.

The Sunrays are too detector specific and are limited to your detector settings.

I prefer the Uniprobes and the Pistol Probes. The Uniprobes are totally silent to bystanders and can be used with any machine. The Pistol Probe has a silent mode for when I want to use different headphones. And they both get excellent depth.

Those that have never used an electronic pinpointer are clueless as to the benefits they bring. There is a reason we spend as much as we do on them. It is because they are worth it.

HH
Mike

Ok I get it , you want a non attached pin pointer so you can use it with all detectors. Like the pro pointer. But the main reason for having this type of probe is you could discriminate iron out while pinpointing. Also since you already have head phones on the sound goes though them as well. Plus you would not need batteries for you pinpointer.

Since vendors use different boards in the coils to make this work they need to be customized to the detector.

I think a universal attached in line with your phones would be awesome. Plus since its on a cord it's impossible to loose.

Mike

They make one, Mike. It is called the Detector Pro "Uniprobe".

Headphone and probe all in one package. It is the best you can get. Nothing works better.

http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobe.htm

HH
Mike

:Left4Dead said:

Mike

Left4Dead,

1. I think a majority of people swing Tesoro because there lite, a great MDer & you can swing longer. With a attached pinpointer it would probley double the weight + just 2 more connections to give you issues.

2. It would take two differant probes as Tesoro has 4 & 5 pin cords. So if you have multable machines that can be an issue & not all Tesoro machines have changeable coils.

3. Separate pinpointers keep the tangle of cords to a minimum. I'm trying to go wireless on my head phones (I got the discontinued Radioshack ones) & have a vibraprobe 580 (It replaced a vibra-Tector 730 when I was digging fox holes with my ML3500 PI detector). I wll still have a backup headphones if the wireless fail.

Pinpointers are the cats meow for chasing those elusive no seeum targets & can make recovery quicker.

You can try to make your machine a do all thing-a-ma-jig or you can have the tools to do the job properly. (Just my opinion)

Happy Hunting.........................HaRM

I'm jumping into this a bit late, but although I agree %100 that Tesoros pinpoint very well, recovery wise any pinpointer that works reasonably well will speed up your recoveries a fair percentage. I've used a number of different ones and like the Treasure Mate by Tesoro or the Garrett propointer the best for independent handhelds. The Sunray probe attached to an MXT, DFX etc. is better yet, but as mentioned above is detector specific and adds weight to the detector. Anyway, I prefer to carry a pinpointer, but to each his own -- if you like them use'em.
BB

YEAH $130.00 fro propointer, yeah its worth it makes detecting life easier. I broke down and got one finally. Been wanting to get one of those bright yellow things to that go DING! DING! but I can't get pass the dang color. :rofl:Inline probe on a machine too would be ok ,then you wouldn't need propointer LOL

A pinpointer has made my life easier. I use both a sunray and Garrett. I agee Tesoro should make a version for their detectors. I use my Vaquero most of the time here lately and carry the pinpointer around in my back pocket for recovery. So far it has been worth every penny.

I love my Pro Pointer and can say I NEVER detect without it now, and if your like me and have a 9 yr old little girl who likes to hunt, well it gives her something to do when we find a target.

n/t

n/t

Just wondering....since Sunray has decided to not make a pinpointer for the Tesoro line, is there any way to mod and existing sunray probe (5 pin) to work on a Vaquero or Cibola??? And would it be cost effective???

HH

Moose.

i have never used a pinpointer until now, a friends used Whites bullseye. he went to a Garrett pro pointer, which is sooo nice. the Bulleye works for me too. The parks dept is getting soooo ticky that less is best when recovering targets. in the woods i can use my non- pinpoint Tesoros and do the shake and find a target usually, but it takes longer. on the beach grab a handfull of sand. In the hard dirt parks where a shovel is a no no it sure saves digging excess. Ga clay aint soft when dry. and sight leaves with age. its paying off, but to each his own. thats why there are so many choices of units and stuff, personal choice.