Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sun ray probes ??

grumpy

Can someone enlighten me on what sun ray probes are still made? Do they still have the e trac probe??? Or how about the sovereign.??? I think maybe I saw a fisher still but ?
Whats up can someone tell me?
thanks
grumpy

I don't think they make them anymore. If a used one comes up you better jump on it fast cause the don't last.

Contact Ralph at SunRay, he will give you the straight scoop.......his member name is ...Ralph Sun Ray

Sunray is no longer making the X-1 & there is (hardly) none on the secondary market----mascards got 'em all! :tongue:------Sunray is still making the in-line probes for the other detectors, that's the last word I got from Ralph.

SunRay does not make the X 1 probe for E- Trac or Explorer anymore. But still makes them for other detector brands.

I'm sure the sun ray is nice, but my wife and I use the pro pointer and love them. it's a terrific pin pointer. they really take some abuse, and we've never had an issue with them.

I think I could answer that but think it would be more appropriate if you posed that question on the Sunray Forum here on Findmall.----I'm sure Ralph (Sunray) will be glad to answer your question.----If you do a search of the posts on that Forum, Ralph may have already stated why the X-1 has been discontinued.
jeeptj said:
Does anybody know why they stop making them? The E-Trac is still a popular detector.

What a shame the x-1 is no longer available.
It's even a bigger shame that minelab is the responsible party.
As Ralph said minelab had increased the price of the lower rod
so much that unable to buy them at a reasonable price.
Why would minelab do such a maliciou$ thing?
It's called the pro find pinpointer.
Wasn't hard to figure that out.
Good luck
Deep Digger

Deep Digger said:
What a shame the x-1 is no longer available.
It's even a bigger shame that minelab is the responsible party.
As Ralph said minelab had increased the price of the lower rod
so much that unable to buy them at a reasonable price.
Why would minelab do such a maliciou$ thing?
It's called the pro find pinpointer.
Wasn't hard to figure that out.
Good luck
Deep Digger

Upper rod ....sorry and add he is before unable...
Good luck
Deep Digger

I have a Garrett Pro Pinpointer and an X-1 that I bought from a guy on Facebook. Smooth transaction.

I like the X-1 a lot better.

They sell on e-Bay for between 175 and 250 bucks right now.

Not sure what they sold for prior to being discontinued, wondering if Sunray could make money selling them for 200 bucks now.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this link here, delete it if not.

I think this would work on the E-Trac.

Sunray X-1

I know Sunray still repairs the X-1, my friend Mr2smoker just got his repaired.

Roy

I'm not fully sold on that story. Even if ML doubled the price users would pay. I think there's more to the story.......

khouse said:
I'm not fully sold on that story. Even if ML doubled the price users would pay. I think there's more to the story.......

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?50,1880088,1880276#msg-1880276

The link above is to the Sun Ray Forum. If you choose not to believe what I have said, that is your choice. I have answered these questions many times now. Overall demand for in-line probes has been gradually reduced due to the introduction and popularity of the pro-pointer as many detectorists have multiple detector models and either we do not make an in-line for each one - or they do not wish (or can't afford) to spend money on a probe for each detector model to cover their probe needs. When our stock of the Minelab upper shafts at the previous price ran out (and even that stock of shafts was purchased at a higher price than before) in early spring of this year we decided that it was time to quit producing the X-1. As stated in the post linked above, we have to purchase parts in large quantities in order to keep our production costs down and can no longer do that as demand is less. The X-1 uses parts unique to that probe that are not universal to our other probes and production costs are higher as building them requires some special parts the other probes do not require. They were also more labor intensive to build.

I hope this answers these questions concerning the X-1. Thank you.

Ralph (Sun Ray)
Sun Ray Detector Electronics

No reason to absorb costs that comprimises your bottom line. As your demand is reduced and your production parts increase you must raise your prices to keep the same profit margins. All companies raise their prices for the most part due to supply and demand. It appears to me the most expensive part would be the upper shaft? You coulld allow customers to send in their own shafts new or used to have the probe added to reduce your cash outlay? I'm not attacking you Ralph. You are very respected in the community. :thumbup: I'm just thinking out loud.

I have both, a Sunray inline and a pro pointer for my etrac. Sometimes when I stick the inline down in a hole, it will not detect deeper than an inch or two, that's when I use the pro pointer. I have had my inline or over 8 years (removed from my EX XS before I sold it) also the inline seems really hot all around the length, but the pro pointer is mostly just the tip. My inline probe is the old white one.........nge

I use both as well on some targets. I use the Sunray to work my way down then when I get close I'll pull the Pro-P out to zero in on potential silver. I hate scratching silver!