Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday's 1922 homestead :clapping:

Billium

Turned out to be a good hunt. 1922 farmstead around the corner from me. The wind was blowing drowning out my head phones and I had to run the 705 wide open (all metal), because of the amount of trash, with the big D/D coil and listen for good tones. Crazy in my brain but it payed off.
Been here earlier this year with the 6" coil but had to wait till it rained because where the old house used to be is/was now a horse pen. Man Horses can sure pack the soil down.
There is s "dent" in the shield on the back of the Indian that shows on the front side. Not sure if that was after minting or what. The coppers were so caked from the horse pen dirt I had to boil them in peroxide for a couple of minutes after a soap and water bath, then applied "coin care" which is a citrus oil solution. Nervous but they turned out ok.

1-1904 V nickle
2-1920 Merc
3-1910 Barber
4-1865 Indian (my oldest to date)
Also a couple wheat's

Very nice hunt !! Most are in great shape too.

Thanks. I am amazed at the condition of the Merc and V nickle.

Very cool! :thumbup:Thanks for sharing!

Great finds !

Most V nickles are just corroded so badly you can barely make them out, but yours looks great. Congrats.