Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray in-line probe for equinox

JimmyCT

Jimmy, it sure looks nice. I have had many on various Explorers and they worked great and were very durable. The specs showed up to a four inch range. My old Sunray probes on my Explorers were about 2-3 inches max range. I thought Sunray was out of business? they should sell a ton of these probes.
Thank you RLOH for your input. The information I was provided indicates Sunray is back and moving full steam ahead.

Glad you posted this Jimmy Like RLOH I thought they were out of business. I’am going to order one due to the ones I have on both my Etracs are working well after 7 years. HH, Don

Attachments

• 17CFC59F-B046-4B43-9383-76FDF0EB80A9.gif
    17CFC59F-B046-4B43-9383-76FDF0EB80A9.gif
    90.4 KB · Views: 53
I thought they were out of business as well but I guess they are back. I have the probe for my White V3i which I rarely use anymore.
I liked it because I could be more discreet when pinpointing as the sound was in the headphones. I quit using it though primarily because of the added weight to an already heavy detector.
And I don't think it was as good at pinpointing as the TRX. My 2 cents.

Ralph must have sold out? The last I knew, him and Elaine were still in Iowa. That was a few years ago! I got my Whites TRX probe from him and he hooked me up with the Explorer SE.

Ralph must have sold out? The last I knew, him and Elaine were still in Iowa. That was a few years ago! I got my Whites TRX probe from him and he hooked me up with the Explorer SE.
Did you mean to say TRX probe?
The TRX was Whites excellent pinpointer.
I think of the probe as the Sunray product.
Or maybe I’m confused

TRX pinpointer is great! They now sell for north of $200.00 used.

I met another tector the other day who said that Garretts was in the process of building a hybrid of the TRX, combined with the Garretts pointer. That's all that was said about it. He was definitely a Garretts user by his gear and stories of knowing Garrett himself for a long time. That will be fun to see if it really happens and the TRX-flavor part include the tip only detection. Let's hope it is true.

Kind of defeats the waterproof feature oh yeah the nox is not quite waterproof!
Mark

I met another tector the other day who said that Garretts was in the process of building a hybrid of the TRX, combined with the Garretts pointer. That's all that was said about it. He was definitely a Garretts user by his gear and stories of knowing Garrett himself for a long time. That will be fun to see if it really happens and the TRX-flavor part include the tip only detection. Let's hope it is true.
Tip only!!
I’m in!!