Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray x-1 probe users

sprchng

I picked up a Sunray probe a while back and using it on the etrac , I seem to see a slight change in TID when in the ground but not in air tests. Seems the Co number has increased a point or two from"normal" with the Procoil on shallow to mid depth targets. It could be coincidence with the recent wet conditions we have had but I was wondering if anyone using a Sunray has experienced anything similar.......?

I've always used the Sunray probe from the get go on my E-Trac so I couldn't tell you if my Numbers changed a bit after putting the probe on. Even if they did, having the probe verses not having the probe is a huge plus. Always go by tone first, then use the numbers, and depth to help you decide if you want to dig.

You'll come to love the Sunray probe. The only down side to the probe is when you forget to switch from probe back to coil after you've spent some time working the ground. I bet you've done that :twodetecting:

It will be the best accessory you'll ever buy for your E-Trac:thumbup: HH

I agree that it's the best accessory you can buy for the e-trac. I have used it since day one
with the e-trac. To me it adds to the "fun factor", open the plug and stick the probe in the
hole and when you hear it "scream silver" it puts a smile on your face. Heck, I'll just swipe
the probe over the screaming high tone just to enjoy the moment. Using it to pinpoint has
helped me from scratching coins. I don't know if the numbers change on the display since
I don't look very often, just listen to the tone.

I think the anomalous TID numbers may have been due to the recent moisture in our alkaline ground as they settled in somewhat to normal today. The tones were consistent but the numbers were slightly elevated. I'm finding it difficult to develop much of an affinity for the X-1 myself,,,quite a pain in the neck. I can see some sites where it would be advantageous but not worth the expense , weight or inconvenience where I usually hunt. Depth is disappointing as well since my ground seldom allows sensitivity settings much above 15 without radical falsing and at that setting it is not any deeper , if as deep , as my detuned Propointer. Where do you guys carry it on your detector so it's not constantly bumping on your hip or adding extra weight to the shaft?

I think someone's going to get a good deal on a cheap X-1 at this point. :(

I bought a used one from a forum member and not too impressed, rarely use it except I swap coils so often that it's real handy for that. Maybe mine doesn't work properly? It seems to tell me the target is in one area then later a different area? Depth doesn't seem any better (maybe even less?) than my Garrett? Not really ready to part with it just yet but the other day HAD to use it because Garrett was down and it ended my hunt short as it was P*****g me off. I prefer the Garrett myself AT THIS POINT in time....?????

No one looks at the numbers when useing the probe...youshould be able to tell just from the sounds...as far as depth..the X-1 kills the propointer..if having hard time finding in hole try pinpointer...but tell target ..best thing out there...I put mine on top of shaft..easy to take off and flip switch...best thing out there for e-trac....that and RNB battery!!!!!

I'm not referring to numbers when using the probe but when using the detector after plugging the coil into the Sunray switch box. Seems the numbers were running higher by a point or two but I think it was the moisture in the soil at the time. The 4.5 x 7 coil does that as well when you detect in the higher numbered channels. Depth on the Sunray is good at higher sens. settings , if you can run them , but below 15 it is no better to possibly less than the Garrett plus one more big loop of cable to deal with in the brush.

Jury is still seated but it ain't lookin good

I run mine manual 26 all the time..sometimes a little noisy....but gets great depth

quote=sprchng]
I'm not referring to numbers when using the probe but when using the detector after plugging the coil into the Sunray switch box. Seems the numbers were running higher by a point or two but I think it was the moisture in the soil at the time. The 4.5 x 7 coil does that as well when you detect in the higher numbered channels. Depth on the Sunray is good at higher sens. settings , if you can run them , but below 15 it is no better to possibly less than the Garrett plus one more big loop of cable to deal with in the brush.

Jury is still seated but it ain't lookin good[/quote]