Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Super 12 coil question

spdnj

Is there anyway to make sure the one I have is V rated? Are they all? I can not fin a serial number on the coil anywhere
Any input appreciated
Thanks

The number is on the side of one of the mounting ears. It should start with a V if v rated.

My local shop here has the Whites super 12 coil in stock and they said it will fit the V3i so I looked it over and the SN on the coil starts with SS. Does this mean it will not work on the Spectra V3i.
On Whites site they list only one super 12 and it states they will fit the V3i,.
Now im confused.

Non V rated coils do work on the V3i, it is they are not nulled to the highest standards. I would hold out for a Ser # that starts off with the V. Some non V rated coils do work fine, but still I would hold out for the V. I think I remember a post some time ago that some SS coils were nulled to the V standards, but I don't remember the specifics, a call to White's service might be in order about the SS coil.

The coil I use is not V rated and I can only get the Gain up to 10.......... a V rated coil should go to 15 held at waist height without overloading. You could try the 12 inch coil and see how high you can get it up to.

12" coils were made before the V3. They were not rated to be used with the 22.5kHz of the V3 or with its TX boost. It will fit but will not work as well as a v rated coil. You probably will have to run lower Rx and won't be able to run boost. Your dealer knows this. I also remember something about the SS earlier coil. I just don't remember what.

The coils really don't have a serial number it is a 2 letter ID and date code. as per Carl

Ok, now I get it. Thanks for clearing this up. By the way my dealer did not know this or was just trying to sell me the coil.

I found this in my notes:

I discovered the error and can say with certainty, a number of V3i tuned search coils were mistakenly stamped with the "SS" nomenclature.

Steve Howard