Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SUPER 12" VERSES ECLIPSE 950.

BIG G

aim thinking in investing in a new coil,what do you think is the better coil for me,i hunt farm fields, grass,plough,stubble, how stable would the 950 or the 12 super be hitting hard corn stubble, any comments please would be welcome .:shrug:

I personally prefer the 950 in these conditions because the coil design doesn't allow it to catch or hang up on stuff.If you look at the 12s design theres a lot of coils and supports that will catch a lot of stuff.If you mean detector stability they will be about the same both being concentrics.

whites UK do coil covers for the 12"super that are solid,supposed to be designed for stubble fields.i just do not know which one to get...:unsure:

With the solid cover, I think the 12 inch would do a great job in the fields.

thanks Larry,lets put it another way ,what is the advantage and disadvantage between the 12"super spider and the eclipse 9.5 coils,:shrug:

They are both concentric coils. The 12" has more coverage and might have a slight depth advantage. It will be heavier then the 9.5 and will see more ground under the coil. Therefore if the ground is bad it will have more to contend with then the 9.5.

Since you can get solid covers neither has an advantage with the stubble.

thanks rob, the ground i hunt is pretty sweet apart from odd iron and hot rocks,i know the 12"is heavier,but iam a big lad,its i have one chance to but one of these coils,i want the right one plus there is quite a price difference between the the two in shops here in UK...:shrug:

Quite a difference in price here also. The 12" is a coil I don't used, I had one but sold it. My ground requires DD coils.

am now thinking to go with the 12x10 sef coil (white one)it is cheaper than the super12"....:wiggle: