Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Super 1884 V Nickel and Some Darn Nice Relics

electroman680

Well I got out again yesterday to the 1880's military site located on Private Land which I was hunting WITH permission. All in all not a bad day. I hunted for 8 hours and probably have another 5 acres to go..... Found a General Service Eagle Button, A DARN nice 1884 V-Nickel...my oldest and First V-nickel so I am pretty excited, and a few other odds and ends. A Shotgun casing which reads U.M.C. Co with a Star around the primer.... Says something under the primer...but I have not cleaned it yet... another stamped 1881 Rifle Casing and a LARGE Rifle Casing.... 50 Cal. ? No Elephants around here...what gives. My Day=Just FUN.....what else can I say. Oh yeah.....One More Thing..... I am asking for that Swingy Thingy for Christmas..... That 15" WOT gets HEAVY! :thumbup:

Happy Hunting!

n/t

The V looks great! I am glad you stated hunting on private property with permission. All it takes is for one knucklehead to do it without asking or maybe someone does some night-hawking and it makes all of us look bad.

That V-Nickel had to been dropped the day it was new due to the detail left on it. Nice find! Nice Relics also. Those Buttons are fun to find especially with the shanks in tact and still straight. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH.:detecting: