Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Super deep 9" + signal and live dig on a silver Washington

Cutaplug

Just wanted to post this to show an example of another super deep silver coin on the e-trac for those of you who're interested. Didn't find a ton of silvers but was excited to get a deep one =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVQrG6uQKI

Very nice Silver...I am surprised the Washington was that deep...If the truck had it's wheels, might be worth a few bucks...

HH,

Thanks for the kinds words everyone =) I find old toy cars pretty often and love tinkering so thought about restoring a few. Will post some before/after if I ever get around to fixing one up :thumbup:

That's getting down there RC nice vid .......

great video! i noticed you were on manual 29. running hot huh? i usually keep mine at 24 and i wonder if i would have caught that coin. i know what you mean about a slow day turning around with just one lucky dig. thats the way it goes. sometimes you bang out a silver within the first 5 minutes and then nothing for three hours, or sometimes you hit a hot-spot at the end of the day.

moonshine said:
great video! i noticed you were on manual 29. running hot huh? i usually keep mine at 24 and i wonder if i would have caught that coin. i know what you mean about a slow day turning around with just one lucky dig. thats the way it goes. sometimes you bang out a silver within the first 5 minutes and then nothing for three hours, or sometimes you hit a hot-spot at the end of the day.

Thanks moonshine =) I was running a little hot (27 manual then I went to 29 to see if I could get a better signal). I usually run hot depending on the site and how much brain power I have that day :wacko: For some reason I like manual 27, it just seems like a lucky number for me. If I was running 24 I doubt I would have picked it up. Maybe next time I get a deep one like that I'll do a little more experimenting on sensitivity and other factors. That machinery was bugging the heck out of me and I didn't even know if you'd be able to hear the signal on the vid. Those gray ghost probably saved the day, they block out nearly all background noise as if they were bose noise canceling or soemthing. There was so much background noise I would have probably missed that deep one with the stock headphones.

As far as slow days I agree it always happens that way. I can't count the number of times when I hunted all day and then found the majority of silvers in the last hour. Or the oposite and find many at first then none... When I first started detecting I would get discouraged during a dry spell, but after doing this a lot it doesn't phase me anymore because it's all about the statistics. As long as you're finding wheaties you'll find silver too (about 1/5 ratio for me). Sometimes I get 20 wheaties and 1 silver, then the next few hunts I'll get 6 silvers and barely any wheaties.

I thought the coin sounds came out fine. sounded like deep, deep silver. i probably would have gotten frustrated with all that noise too, sounded like they were cutting and chipping branches.

about the slow days...i always think to myself, what could potentially be out here at this site, and then, it only takes that one lucky sweep......to pass over it, which means you have to be persistent /determined as well as lucky. there is so much more to detecting than just swinging a detector. you have to research and be thoughtful, lucky, persistent. and you have to have the brain power as you say to digest the etrac info.:detecting: