Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Super Stallions & Osprey...

fmurphy

Have been off this week and got bored so I cruised out by the airport and ran across these Marine Super Stallions about to leave town... they're from HMH-461 out of North Carolina.. Also flying around was a fresh off the assembly line V-22 Osprey on a test flight...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMH-461

Some quality pictures,those Super Stallions and i must admit i have never heard or seen them before,but they do look mean beasties,have been trying too work out what those pod things are on each side just under the main rotor blades,i guess some form of exhaust system ??

Also another interesting think are reading the wiki link,on of the images showed the Super Stallion doing a inflight re-fuelling,always thought that was impossible with rotors,but they set the angle of the fuel pipe almost horizontal so that it wont catch the rotors.Very interesting reading.

Many thanks

Hey Frank.
Very crisp photos. Never seen those Ironhorses.
That is a lot of helicopter for sure.
Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards

Frank, these are great pictures! Interesting and enjoyable viewing, thanks for sharing! :clapping: Kelley (Texas) :)

thanks for the kind words... it's always fun to run out to the airport and see what's flying. there are not too many places you can see the diverse number of aircraft we have here...much less get within 50-75' to take photos of them and visit with the crews. I enjoy sharing what we have around here.....