Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Super tuning the High Gain/Low Noise

Hombre

Hi Guys and Gals

I read/ and see where alot of people are using the threshold knob turned close to maximum to get added depth, as with all adjustments, there is a time and place for such adjustments. On the older ED-120 Tesoros like the original Bandido, after making the initial ground balance with a normal 'just audible' threshold setting to get a good ground balance. Then, the operator could see a little better depth of detection by cranking up the threshold. This old trick was used by the old-timers to perk up the modulated audio of these early Tesoros on deep targets. As an example...say you are just puttering around with your 'ol Bandido (set in normal threshold) in and old yard and you get a sweet, small, faint deep sounding signal, then a noisey truck with a bad ignition drives by and screws up the ambient noise in the vicinity of where you are detecting. Then by turning up the threshold setting, it will pull out a better more 'saturated' audio signal in Motion Disc. Mode, with one caveant, if you switch to the Normal All-Metal mode without turning the threshold back to the normal setting, the saturated threshold audio with your headphones on,,, WILL BLOW your eardrums out........it's loud. The same thing happens for the High Gain/Low Noise

Thanks Randy........a good reminder for those just starting out witha Tesoro. Many of us from the old school learned those lessons the hard way...........:ranting:...........:biggrin:

Same with the Deleon I guess. I was wondering why all those nails were coming up as 95's??? I was worried I might be missing out on little earrings and tiny gold.