Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Surprise find yesterday...

fwcrawford

After trying the bullet patch for a couple of hours yesterday, I decided to try a couple other places nearby.
One did not yield much, but the last one I tried gave up a nice surprise.
Not far away from where I found this button, there was skirmish in 1864.
Thanks for looking!
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG

After trying the bullet patch for a couple of hours yesterday, I decided to try a couple other places nearby.
Thanks for looking!
View attachment 39757View attachment 39758
Sweeeeet! General Service or is there a letter in the shield, I am not able to decipher that from the pic.

Beautiful button Felix!! You and your equinox 800 are hot on the civil war relics!

Thanks for looking!
View attachment 39757View attachment 39758
Waterbury buttons.com civil war buttons, if it a R in the shield super rare, I only have one ,so look really close, great find

When I first found it, it appeared to have verticals stripes in the shield.
No letters at all.
Don't hold me to this but I called my button person and showed him the pics , sometimes south had north uniforms a shaved off parts of the buttons to identify which side, that being said what caliber of bullets were you finding, I ask because it'll help to figure out if it was out of a union camp or off a confiscated uniform,ty

Don't hold me to this but I called my button person and showed him the pics , sometimes south had north uniforms a shaved off parts of the buttons to identify which side, that being said what caliber of bullets were you finding, I ask because it'll help to figure out if it was out of a union camp or off a confiscated uniform,ty
I have not found any bullets at this site.
This is actually the first Civil War item I have found here so far.
Confederates were in winter camp and a group of Union Calvary attacked them.
Where I found the button is close to the position of the Calvary.
I appreciated your interest in the button.. at this point I am not even sure what backmark it has, so you may be correct.
I was thinking Scovill as it looked like an “L” on the end and appears to be 7 letters.:shrug:

Last edited:
I would love to find any thing civil war. I did find a 38 rimfire casing once that possibly a civil war vet dropped on his way thru the area. Really neat find!