Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:surprised:Air test result "share some of your results"

I did an air test with my ace 250 with the 9 x 12 and the reults were impressive. No wonder why the ace rules!
The results were done in all metal with one bar left empty on sensitivity. If you guys want to do a similar test with your own prefered machine please share.

Quarter: 8 to 9 inches with the ding -dong sound (the sound of a coin).
10 inches at the most if swinging the coil fast.

Nickel: 7 to 8 inches but with the low -tone sound.
9 inches at the most if swinging fast. (No ding -dong at all).

Dime: 7 to 8 inches sounding like a coin.
9 inches at the most if swinging fast the coil.

Penny: 6 to 7 inches sounding like a coin.
7 to 8 inches as low -tone sound.
9 inches at the most if swinging the coil fast.

My Minelab Sovereign GT has done the following up to now (I've only had it a few weeks).

IN BADLY MINERALISED UK SOIL

Small Viking decorative mount - 12 inches (This was in a stubble field so you can add at least 5 inches in air to this)

Lead bag tie - 14 inches (Again, add another 5/6 inches for stubble):surprised:

IN AIR

20 pence piece - About 14-16 inches

Somehow I get the impression that the GT performs better in soil than in air??? Am I imagining it?
It was easy to measure the soil finds as I had a hole to measure and the stubble height. Swinging the detector in air is a bit less scientific I think, I could really swear on the results in air because any measurement is subjective. I couldn't argue with the soil depths.

n/t

CZ - 70 8 INCH COIL Sen @ 6

Dime 10.5 inch
Quarter 11.75 inch. Not bad for a Multi Freq in air

Add about 2 inches to those measurements with Sunray 12.5 coil

.....and a couple more inches for new batteries, wet ground, good karma, and great headphones!:crazy:

Many test the Minelabs in "Auto" for air tests as they don't know what level to set the sensitivity at. Unfortunately this gives even worse air test results.

Re the GT on my tests in ground results were pretty bad on a 20p and far worse on a 5p. At best nine inches for the twenty pence in a low mineralisation test bed, seven inches in a medium mineralisation bed.

Using my Nautilus DMC 2b with 10" bi-axial coil (nearest I could get to your coil size).

Quarter 19 inches
Nickel 16 inches
Dime 15 inches
Penny 17 inches.

Almost flat batteries. Sweep speed not critical. Half sensitivity for the all metal mode. Full sensitivity for discrim. (set at iron reject). Auto re tune on. 44 volts transmit power. Both all metal primary search mode and discrimination giving audio on the targets.

My V3i air tests a 1969 Ford at 67 inches...........:rofl: Air testing is OK for comparing various coils with a particular machine but that is about where the usefulness ends. Detecting depth in the ground may and probably will differ. (some models drastically)

I agree with Larry. The V3i will detect a 69 ford at 67"

n/t

Now he's going to know in the future if his detector or coil is going off tune so won't waste six months or a year before the penny drops that something is wrong. I check all detectors once a month.

n/t

UK Brian makes a good point. Air tests for comparison if performance in the field seems to be floundering could be very useful.
BB

Here are some air test results I got using my Silver uMax...

[attachment 173056 MD-BIT.JPG]