Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sw update suggestion for Minelab

horikindaguy

having some difficulty with the screen. I'm an older glasses wearing guy. with the glare and small type I've moved to using the 'large display' option which works great (thank you minelab!). I've placed it on the user button so I can get back to the screen for analysis when needed. The transitory screen info is now blocked though.....
What I'd like to see is an 'inverse video' (bold black type) option for the small fe-co-depth display. This would really help me (and others) to see this crutial info when analyzing targets with target trace, etc. The small display would then look just like the large display option which really stands out and it might even allow me to hunt without using the 'large' option.

I will be watching for solutions to the screen glare problem from other users so if any of you find a good solution please post it.

I'm getting little use from the 'target trace' feature so far because of the glare combined with trying to see 'tiny' data traces that just don't stand out very well against the background. an anti-glare solution could help alleviate this. It's definitely an intriguing feature.

I've played with the backlight setting with limited success.

Also, a very general (early) statement from this 'particular' MD'er is that previously 'etraced' areas are not going to give up many (or any) new finds (as I expected). The CTX is no panacea but is a 'very' nice improvement on the etrac (simply evolutionary, not revolutionary as a discriminating PI land hunter or some such would be). I'm having fun with it which is what really counts and yes, I have found a couple keepers that were missed by the etrac and and others due to co-located crap. The enhanced abilities of the CTX allowed me to nab these. As Mark shows (Australian) the real ticket is to find a non-minelabed area to detect, as has always been the case.

cheers....