Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweet DFX!!!

KennyD

Howdy everyone,
I just wanted to vent my excitement. I recently aquired a mint condition DFX in a trade. This machine looks like it was never used. The previous owner said it was just too complicated for him and he needed something simpler.
The only other Whites machine Ive owned was a new Coinmaster GT, but I didnt really bond with it at all. I must say I am in love with the DFX, even though all I can do ATM is air tests and setup programs with the weather outside. Cant wait to get her outside and let 'er run!:whites:

Get hold of the Digging Deeper With the DFX book. I am in the same boat as you .. I do however like the CMGT very much.. The DDwtDFX is a real requirement if you really want to learn the machine in a reasonable period of time. Yes you can wing it and just use the defaults, but there is a lot of stuff to know and understand how the setting interact. Good luck!

Yep, already have that book on order. Been watching the DVD on it and reading the DFX Classroom forum here on the site. Ive learned alot so far....

You are on the right track Ken, give yourself plenty of time to learn the DFX and it will treat you right. It took me a solid 6 months to just like the DFX and another 6 months to learn it.

Yep,the DFX is one of my all time favourite machines,had mine a very long time infact it was one of the 1st ones into the UK and has had 1000s of hours on the clock,one thing i will say is the stock coil is not the best one for the machine,the 12'' coil was possibly the worst choice for the machine,mine came with the 950 coil which once again i dont use,if i was to choose the best all round Whites coil for the DFX i would think it would have to be the 10x6 coil.

I do use after market coil on mine but i wont mention them.

Well done on choosing the DFX.

The 950 is a decent coil on the DFX but for recent coin and jewelry drops, the BigFoot is the way to go.

:cool: You will need the Eclipse Sharpshooter DD coil. I had one on mine and it was amazing. I could go through very trashy areas and cherry pick coins with ease. :detecting::whites: