Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweet tooth for Silver Dimes.

MattBullSummerville

Seems my MXT with a 5x10 SEF coil has gotten sweet tooth for Silver dimes in the last week. Found a 1946 d at an old school yard in a small town near me. Next a 1964 at a local park that goes back to the early 1900s as far as I can tell. Now today 1906 O Barber at a local residence with very old pecan trees that the neighbors say are 75 to 100 years old. Not sure if the lack of rain or recent short showers are helping or hurting. So now I'm wondering where is the big silver? Oh well I'll take what I can get.

Nice finds !

Nice finds!

I love that Barber. Congratulations.

A little hard to tell from the pic but I think your Barber is going to grade at least a "Fine" which means you got about a $45 coin there - congrats!

-pete

It does look nice on the front. I will take it to a locl coin dealer and see what he has to say.
Thanks everyone.
H H
Matt

MattBullSummerville said:
It does look nice on the front. I will take it to a locl coin dealer and see what he has to say.
Thanks everyone.
H H
Matt

Do you know and trust this dealer? Many of them will try to low-ball you on an offer (sometimes even under-grading it) if they think you want to sell, so they can sell it for better margin themselves. Check the guys prices against book values and figure he needs to make a reasonable profit. That should give you an idea on a fair price for your coin. An upstanding dealer should be very up front about the difference between book value and what he will pay. I guess this is just common sense but lots of folks get taken for a ride.

-pete