Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 for salt beaches(dry sand)?

Dirt Poor

I'm getting ready to go to the beach, and I'm taking an Excal for the wet sand, but I want to take the T-2 for deep dry sand digging. Just wondering if any of y'all have used one for that. I had thought about taking my White's 6000 Pro SL, but perhaps the T-2 would be better. I know it's lighter. Thanks for any input!!

The T2 will rock in dry sand.......as the Excal will in the wet sand. Dry sand, even if heavily mineralized will pose no problem for the T2.
I forgot to add........strongly recommend you wrap the control head in a clear plastic bag.....and tape it with electical tape......beach air always has salt in it...no matter how hot, dry & sunny it is. Get that stuff in your electronics and it will slowly corrode them. It won't kill the detector when your hunting that day...but in the long run it will have adverse effects on the machine. For what its worth, I am a computer tech. I would like to think I know a little about electronics:)

Thanks, Terra! I'll do that. I was a little concerned about taking the new t-2 for that very reason, but I'll weather-proof the control box. Thanks again!

Good morning TerraDigger, i wrapped a unit up one time and got condensation inside the bag.Of course it is humid in Ga. i too am concerned about this and rainy weather. cant afford an XXX brand underwater now, so will a few silica gelpacs in bag work or will they cause some other problems. trying to hold on to what i do have in this economy, and dont need a torn up unit. suggestions?