Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2+ & All Metal Mode....Help!

minnixb

Can anyone tell me if you have to initiate the manual ground cancellation while in All Metal Mode or can you choose to utilize the Auto Ground Cancellation?

Thanks Kevinnc. The manual was a little confusing. I've the T2+ for a short while and still getting used to it.

All i use is Ground Grab in AM mode,should have changed over to AM mode years ago,depth is better than in discrimination mode and i mainly use a 6'' Coiltek on my roman.saxon sites,a really deadly combination.

Hey Mega, if you ground grab in discrimination and then switch over to AM do you have to ground grab again?
Thanks for your input.

minnixb said:
Hey Mega, if you ground grab in discrimination and then switch over to AM do you have to ground grab again?
Thanks for your input.

The instruction manual is very very vague on this question,but basically if i was say using discrimination mode then i ground grab as per usual,but if i start of and use AM mode then i just ground balance exactly the same as if you are using discrimination mode.

Sometimes i find if i am using one of larger coils and on say pasture with animal dropping on for decades and the T2 wont GB then i i use the factory default which is 90 and it is rare that i cannot GB but in all the years that i have used the 'original' T2 it always works a treat,but i find its just with larger coils and maybe once a year that i have this problem.

The main thing is i constantly ground grab all the time,as of course the ground conditions do/can change all the time especially on alot of my sites that have had alot of human occupation over say a couple of 1000 years or so.

Mega said:
Thanks for your input.

The instruction manual is very very vague on this question,but basically if i was say using discrimination mode then i ground grab as per usual,but if i start of and use AM mode then i just ground balance exactly the same as if you are using discrimination mode.

Sometimes i find if i am using one of larger coils and on say pasture with animal dropping on for decades and the T2 wont GB then i i use the factory default which is 90 and it is rare that i cannot GB but in all the years that i have used the 'original' T2 it always works a treat,but i find its just with larger coils and maybe once a year that i have this problem.

The main thing is i constantly ground grab all the time,as of course the ground conditions do/can change all the time especially on alot of my sites that have had alot of human occupation over say a couple of 1000 years or so.

Mega, I've been using the T2 for about 6 years now and I'm embarrased to say I've never hunted in all metal. But I have a question for you if you don't mind. Not that put a lot of faith in ID numbers but does that feature work in all metal mode as well?

Mega, I've been using the T2 for about 6 years now and I'm embarrased to say I've never hunted in all metal. But I have a question for you if you don't mind. Not that put a lot of faith in ID numbers but does that feature work in all metal mode as well?[/quote]

No problems asking questions,that is how we all learn,like yourself i have used the my original green T2 for nearly 10 years and always in 'discrimination mode' but when i changed over to AM mode the results amazed me,this is how i use it and found out what works for me,as you have mentioned almost all T2 users dont use AM mode,but i use 75sens,2 audio hum,and Ground Grab.......use the screen and this is what i have found important the actual screen locks onto items far better and more reliable in AM mode than discrimination mode,i dig 'everything over 40' as the TID screen is basically all you have to identify your targets,but it is alot more reliable for sure and also still gives reliable TID at depth,small iron still shows up very reliable at 40 and below and for the most part its reliable but of course large iron objects like say horseshoe size the TID bounces as i call it just like it does when in discrimination mode,these are just my observations from using AM mode this year,i only wish i had changed over years ago.

As usual this is only my opinion on how i use this method,other folks may say different but it works for me and works very well,i will add that i do prefer to use smaller coils than the stock 11'' but have found the same relaible result and use the same method on all my large T2 coil collection.Hope this has given you some help

Mega said:
Mega, I've been using the T2 for about 6 years now and I'm embarrased to say I've never hunted in all metal. But I have a question for you if you don't mind. Not that put a lot of faith in ID numbers but does that feature work in all metal mode as well?

No problems asking questions,that is how we all learn,like yourself i have used the my original green T2 for nearly 10 years and always in 'discrimination mode' but when i changed over to AM mode the results amazed me,this is how i use it and found out what works for me,as you have mentioned almost all T2 users dont use AM mode,but i use 75sens,2 audio hum,and Ground Grab.......use the screen and this is what i have found important the actual screen locks onto items far better and more reliable in AM mode than discrimination mode,i dig 'everything over 40' as the TID screen is basically all you have to identify your targets,but it is alot more reliable for sure and also still gives reliable TID at depth,small iron still shows up very reliable at 40 and below and for the most part its reliable but of course large iron objects like say horseshoe size the TID bounces as i call it just like it does when in discrimination mode,these are just my observations from using AM mode this year,i only wish i had changed over years ago.

As usual this is only my opinion on how i use this method,other folks may say different but it works for me and works very well,i will add that i do prefer to use smaller coils than the stock 11'' but have found the same relaible result and use the same method on all my large T2 coil collection.Hope this has given you some help

Thanks Mega, that was a big help :thumbup: didn't mean to hijack Minixb's thread. I hope this helped him too

you didn't hijack 2 much trash. I'm getting good information about the T2 and you asked a question I didn't think to ask.