Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

t2 and mineralized ground

iron bark

Hi new to the forum and live in Australia.How well do t2 handle noisy ground [mineralized] i use a GPX 5000 there are some places where the rubbish makes it impossible to detect with it.I am positive if i can find a good discriminator detector it will pay.I have been using a Tesro dingo great discriminator but no depth does anyone have experience with t2 in junk and mineral ground thanks:clapping:

I just used it for 3 days in Culpeper, VA - highly mineralized. I did fine. I have a buddy who also used it there and he cleaned up. For a VLF, it's probably the best out there for mineralized ground.

If you're fighting trash, a Tek G2 or Fisher Gold Bug Pro/DP will probably do a better job for you than the T2. Also, a small searchcoil such as the 5 incher for the GB/G2's can really help on a trashy site.

--Dave J.

I am getting a t2 to try after Easter and are thinking about a f75 as well. I have not used a VLF detector for many years [1990 s] as I said i only want to try it in some junk spots where I have found gold .

Dave's the man - he knows. Some folks claim the T2 does well in trash, but you'll definitely want to use the smaller coil.

If you do a cost/performance (ability to discriminate/depth) analysis of the T2, it is an excellent value. However, you need to tell us what type of trash you are try to disc out. The T2 will high tone (false postive) on certain types of iron targets. Also, what type of mineralization do you have. Example, user DanielTN has a particular red dirt iron rich soil that kills a E Trac yet a Teknetics Omega with a DD coil outperforms it. My best advice. Borrow a T2 from a dealer you would consider purchasing from, to see if it works in your soil and fits your disc needs.

The T2 does false high tone on certain Iron targets but once you get to know the audio you can tell if this is the circumstance. I have been running the T2 for a while now and I do great in trashy sites! Even with the stock coil I can pull the good targets out through the trash. " most of the time" As long as you ground balance properly the mineralization isnt a problem. Ive hunted some pretty harsh sites and I feel the T2 handles itself rather well! Once you figure out how to set the machine up to run in the different conditions you will be amazed at what it can do! Took me some time to figure it out but now its no problem!

Thanks for the reply its red materialized ground. I was at Wedderburn yesterday in the Victorian gold fields and the t2 and f75 both handled the materialized ground good I was happy with them.As for the trash rusty tins, nails wire and bullet leads and cartridge cases .After doing some test I have found that 10 is the max amount I can discriminate ,after that it take the gold out. I have only had the 2 detectors for a few days I will have to return them next week.I think the t2 give a better single on a air test than the f75 so i will look for a t2 .From what I have read on the forum the t2SE seems the the better detector with the extra coil.The big trouble is that there are not many people that use VLF detectors in AUSTRALIA most use PI chasing gold so its hard to get good advice thanks

The T2 was developed as a relic hunter and later found to be an excellent prospecting unit. I think on a cost/performance basis for your circumstances, its a winner over the F75. If you do get a T2, private message me and I will email you some of my T2 notes/useage info. Also, you may want to consider the T2 SE, as it has a boost mode. Really useful with a 5" DD coil for trashy areas and that setup goes deep even though its a 5" coil.

I have been using the T2 for about 6 months now and I think it does amazing on the trashy sites! Once you get comfortable with the machine and figure out how it likes to run you wont have any problems with any ground conditions! With the Fast Grab feature you can cancel out all that noise with a quick push of the trigger! I havent found ground yet that the T2 couldnt handle. You really cant go wrong with buying one! Best of luck to you out there! The 5in coil does help in extremely trashy sites but the stock coil can hold its own as well. The response time is so fast that you can pick up good targets even if they are laying right next to a piece of Iron! The T2 is the best you can get for the money!

Got t2 se last week have been away detecting for a few days,trying different settings in disc mode with the 11 inch coil have found I can run sensitivity 70-80 disc 40 and using 1 + tone happy with the results so far I can still pick up my test piece of gold 1.1 grams,I also placed a .3 gram on the ground it will pick it up but in reality I would not find it with the t2 when out in the gold fields.I am still deciphering some of the noises,its much different to using the gpx5000, with it any tweak in the threshold I would check it out, but with the t2 running silent I tend to try and check any noise that I hear .I am now just checking out the positive solid singles I am still digging up some nails at a depth but copper brass and lead in areas that have been detected well happy with the results .