Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2. Just me n her.

IowaRelic

I have sold all my dang detectors except the mighty and trusty t2 Ltd. it was just time to thin out and re stock with some new stuff. The T2 is irreplaceable to me. Just a powerhouse and reliable as can be. It alone has the best track record for me. I have sold a whole lot of well known models and good performing machines lately (multi kruzer, equinox, goldbug pro, omega 8000, vaquero) and the T2, with a full arsenal of coils, is all I got left for now....
She’s soon be accompanied by a new Simplex and Deeptech Vista X. Strategic decisions for my hunting needs.

I have to agree with you. T2 is a great metal detector. Add a NEL SHARP SHOOTER and it gets even better. A least it did for me. My only other detector is a Fisher F5. I wanted one before they were all gone. I bought one ween the price dropped. It will get a SHARP SHOOTER as well.

I have to agree with you both, the Teknetics T2 is a amazing detector at a modest price. I like the high tone on nickels and I found that Sharp Shooter coil seems to be as deep as the factory coil with a much smaller foot print in my soil. Good luck

I bought a Sharpshooter for my F75SE. Spent a couple hours in what we know as the “old arboretum” on campus (both jkline and I are permit issued). Its a forested area thats basically kept clean and the forest floor is natural. Back 50-60 yrs ago it was home to a semi large rock festival...... the Sharpshooter was a breeze to maneuver through the grasses and around trees and shrubs etc. We didnt find anything exciting but made pocket change with clad. Sharpshooter nailed those dead on!!

I just got an f75 ltd. Coming for Christmas. After all i’ve read on here I had to get one, and i’ll probably add a sharpshooter coil.

I bought a Sharpshooter for my F75SE. Spent a couple hours in what we know as the “old arboretum” on campus (both jkline and I are permit issued). Its a forested area thats basically kept clean and the forest floor is natural. Back 50-60 yrs ago it was home to a semi large rock festival...... the Sharpshooter was a breeze to maneuver through the grasses and around trees and shrubs etc. We didnt find anything exciting but made pocket change with clad. Sharpshooter nailed those dead on!!
The Sharpshooter turns it into a different detector. It's like a lazer. I never have to hit the pinpoint button!

I’ve not used any aftermarket coils on my t2 except the ultimate 13 and I don’t care for it’s performance. It swings amazing though. The stock biaxial coil is my favorite. Cors 12.5x8.5 is on the back burner.

I’m with you 100% on the T2. I bought mine the first of January 2013 after finally retiring my Fisher 1266. Since then I purchased several other detectors that were gonna turn my old sites new again. But that didn’t pan out. I now have 3 T2s. 1 to hunt with, 1 as a backup and 1 T2+ just cause I couldn’t help myself. The sharpshooter coil is great. I keep it on the T2+ all the time. In my experience it’s not quite as deep as the stock coil but not even enough to worry about. It’s has awesome balance on the T2 and is great in thick undergrowth.

I have the Tek 10x5DD and it’s pretty good. While I was learning the t2, it was my primary coil. It’s heavier than the stock coil but it’s solid (rather than webbed) footprint makes it very good in brushy homesites. Lacks some depth compared to the stock coil, which IMO, you can tell is the intended coil choice by the manufacturer. It’s simply amazing to me. It will get double its width in depth on certain targets. Like good relics. It is good and stable in most sites and has acceptable separation. It will amaze a person in dense iron using FA process and 99 sensitivity.