Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 RESULTS !

CLARK

WENT OUT YESTERDAY WITH THE T2 FOR THE FIRST TIME---I WASN'T OVERLY IMPRESSED WITH THE DEPTH THAT I WAS GETTING---FOUND ONE EAGLE BUTTON AT ABOUT 5"---SIGNAL WAS WEAK AND BROKEN???---DUG SOME TARGETS AT 10" TO 12" BUT THEY WERE HALF DOLLAR SIZE AND LARGER---FOUND ONLY 1 BOTTLE CAP---THAT WAS GOOD NEWS---I LIKE THE T2 FOR THE QUICK AND EASY SETTING -- I THINK IT'S A GOOD DETECTOR BUT NOT "GREAT"!

CLARK

Tell us more.

What was the ground phase number ?

What was the Fe3O4 reading ?

At least with those figures we would have a idea of what type of ground your hunting in.

Discrimination settings, and sensitivity settings would help, and you were sweeping the coil briskly weren't we ?? If you sweep it as slow as a Minelab, you would loose a lot of everything.

Your right, perhaps for you in your area it's only good, not great. :(

Mr. Bill

I TRIED USING IT IN ALL MODES---EVEN ALL METAL---OFCOURSE IT WAS VERY DEEP IN ALL METAL---BUT SETTING IT TO ZERO DISC. DIDN'T HELP---THE FERITE READING WAS MOSTLY BLANK WITH ONLY FLASHING TO THE FIRST LEVEL NOW AND THEN---I TRIED BOTH PRE-SET AND MANUAL GROUND BALANCE--VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE---I MOSTLY HAD THE SENSITIVITY AT 80--TRIED HIGHER BUT WAS TOO NOISY---LOWER SENSITIVITY GAVE BETTER METER READINGS BUT LOST DEPTH VERY QUICKLY---YESTERDAY WAS MY FIRST "FIELD" OUTING WITH THE T2 BUT HAD ABOUT 12 HOURS OF GETTING USE TO IT AT HOME AND IN MY TEST GARDEN!---I HAVE 8 OTHER DETECTORS AND THE T2 IS NOT THE WORST BUT ALSO NOT THE BEST AS FOR AS "DEPTH" IS CONCERNED!---AT THIS TIME THE MINELAB ADVANTAGE AND THE WILSON COIN SELECT ARE THE TOPS!---ONE OTHER NOTE IS THE T2 IS SENSITIVITY TO SMALL TARGETS BUT ONLY TO ABOUT 3 OR 4 INCHES!

Clark,

I wouldn't get too down about the T2 not performing to your expectations. I definitely don't judge any machine until I have at least 60 hours on it. Different machines like different settings and excel in different areas. If I would have judged my Explorer the first 10-12 times I took it out I would not have had a good opinion of it. Give it some time and your opinion might change. I had problems the other day but I am definitely going to give the T2 the attention it deserves. When I get a new machine it's one of the few times I ever go hunting with one machine in my truck. Even with the problems I had the other day I was able to find coins my Explorer missed. Once I know the T2's quirks and what it 'wants' it may be a lethal machine with the proper experience with it. Good luck.

-Bill

I've got a noisy site I need to learn how to conquer and have only a few hours practice on the T2. Here's what I'm going to try next time out.

If using disc mode, settings above zero may help. Disc settings have no effect on all metal, but the all metal manuak gb does carry over to disc mode.

Lowering sensitivity will help till you're more comfortable with its stable responses.

There's some unpublished stuff, like the frequency change. Press Mode and pull back the trigger, it will count up once through 7 steps. Find the quietest one.

GB can be set on the fly in all metal, no need to bounce the coil. By all means start that way, but if you only need to nudge it, no reason starting over. Just set it a bit higher or lower.

In disc, using the lower tone modes may help.

Good luck, hope this helps!
-Ed

I'M NOT REALLY TOTALLY DISSATISIFIED WITH THE T2---I'M 99% SURE IT'S A KEEPER--I THINK THAT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THE T2 IS THE LARGE COIL--THEY DID JUST WHAT OTHER COMPANIES DID---THEY PUT LARGE COILS ON MOST DET. TODAY SO THAT THEY WILL GIVE GOOD AIR TEST!---"THAT'S WHAT SELLS DET."---BUT I HAVE YET TO SEE A LARGE COIL OUT PERFORM A SMALLER COIL ON COIN SIZE TARGETS IN ACTUAL "IN GROUND TEST"! ---I HOPE THAT THEY COME OUT WITH A SMALLER COIL SOON---A 5"X10" WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER--SOMETHING LIKE THE COILS THAT WHITE'S MAKES FOR THE DFX AND THE MXT MACHINES

Good to hear. I am sure everyone agrees it need a smaller coil... and will be waiting impatiently for it... :) HH!

-Bill

The Fe3O4 reading is next to nothing, and your at #80 on the sensitivity, and you say your not getting depth ??? If that

Mr.Bill,

I wonder if he knows to pump the coil to get the proper Fe3O4 reading? I haven't hunted anywhere there hasn't been at least two bars... :(

-Bill

Clark something is very wrong. I hunt in sandy loam soil with no ferrous readings at times and have dug buttons, bullets, and coins at double digit depth in both all metal and disc. Do you know how to change frequencies to eliminate interference? Also you should not have to manual ground balance in that soil. Push the trigger forward and bob it up and down till it smooths out. I know your a good hunter. Tex

I TRIED EVERYTHING I KNOW---AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POST, I BELIEVE THAT THE PROBLEM IS THE LARGE COIL---THE T2 GIVES A VERY IMPRESSIVE AIR TEST BUT IN THE ACTUAL GROUND SEEMS TO LOSE IT---I'M GOING TO TRY DIFFERENT LOCATIONS--MAYBE THE SITE THAT I TRIED IS TOO TRASHY--TOO MANY TARGETS CLOSE TOGETHER FOR THAT LARGE COIL--THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY POST!

should send it in and let thme look at it before you sell it could be something is wrong and you may be passing on a great detector. I have read that people are not having a hard time in trash and getting good depth. I have heard on dry sand they are digging very deep. I just got mine and am going to take it out today and Sunday and see what it can do.. let you know on my post on the forum.

several times I've intentionally taken mine into the worst of trash and I'm certainly not seeing any performance outages like Clark mentions. :shrug:

Would you explain what you mean by "setting the gb on the fly in all metal"? This would come in handy in sites where you can't find a clean spot to gb.
Thanks
Don

Clark, what were the GC numbers when you balanced?

Me, well, I'm just too new at this machine to make a firm call, but I'm one of those with a "problem" site due to apparent falsing and noise.

I was at my noisy site for about 2 or so hours. During that time, I took a bunch of pics and only dug a dozen or so targets, recovering maybe half because the others were frozen in. I did detect a lot of old iron I did not bother to dig.

I only noticed a lot of noise, I was still able to find targets as a stronger signal or better ID amongst the noise and at a respectable depth for their small size.

Re-reading the manual for the third time, I found I wasn't using Fast Grab correctly, so I was mis-adjusting the GB. Mostly, I didn't spend enough time setting things properly.

Zero disc is just too low to work at this place of mine, as it includes hot rock signals and other junk, it also makes it more susceptible to interferance to nearby powerlines. I know I had that problem, as it was falsing with coil held up in the air.

The coil beeped when bumped against a rock. Back home, messing around with arranging the coil cable and connector, it seemed like that helped the bump-falsing.

I started that hunt with a set of partly run-down rechargeables. Installing Alkalines back home "seemed" better behaved.

I haven't been able to update my findings with any outdoor tests to see if anything helped, as it's just too much like winter out there!

It's back up to zero degrees, a heat wave, compared to 29 below last night. Maybe today or tomorrow I can sneak out quick and try some different settings.

-Ed