Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 SE ground canceling

sws33

Went to a school yard I've been to many times and normally the ground cancels at around 65 to 75. Today, fast grab would not go below 90. Tried many different spots, all 90. I decided to try the manual ground cancel in all metal and the reading with just a slight positive was down around 35. So I left it on 35 and went back to discriminate mode did another fast grab and it would not move off the 35 setting I did manually. I then shut the machine off, turned it back on, did a fast grab, back to 90. What gives? Decided to call it quits, got home and did the fast grab in my yard and got the fluctuating readings I would expect in fast grab from 70 to 73. Is there just too much of "something" in the ground at the school to properly balance? :confused:

why would you quit because it wouldn't ground balance. i rarely ever ground balance because i've never been able to tell that it makes any difference either way

I quit because I thought something was wrong with the machine, and also because of the unit is not properly ground balanced you will lose out on depth

i guess what i'm trying to find out is how do we know that it gives us more depth. the few times i've been to civil war sites and sometimes when i'm hunting a really old park i ground balance. i have never been able to tell any difference.most of my sites i turn it on set the disc. to 80 and start hunting

Nothing is wrong with your machine. Sometimes the T2 simply won't quick grab to ground balance.... although I am not sure why this happens, it happens to mine and my buddies often.

I had the same issue this past winter. Machine would not ground balance and began to sound off constantly on the soil no matter where I hunted. Sent it back to Fisher and they ended up replacing the coil shield. Works like brand new now.
Bill

Most times just turn off, turn back on and hunt in preset 90. It works fine for coin hunting ..Not sure if it still says so in manual ..but it used to say 90 was more than sufficient for coin hunting...

A preset 90 is far better than a completely wrong GB for depth and stability..