Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 SE with 5" coil sees dimes as pennies

sws33

Hit a school/park that I have been going to for the last few weeks and decided to dig the penny signals since the dime and quarter signals are starting to go away and imagine my surprise when I start pulling out dimes left and right!?! The park is super trashy so I put on the 5" after hitting it with the 9" NEL a few times. Settings were disc 14, 3 tone, gb at 70 to 75 and 85 on sensitivity. The 5" separates real well in the trash and I was able to find dimes around can slaw, foil pieces and iron at depths of 6 to 9". Funny thing is the dimes reading in the low to mid 70's when I'm used to seeing them come in around the low to mid 80's. Is it normal for a coil to alter the numbers that much? If so, it looks like I'm gonna need to revisit some of my older hunting spots that I left the pennies behind in. Either way I'm happy with the 5" coil. I pulled about 5 or 6 bucks in clad this morning in a three hour hunt.

Have also been using the 5'' coil on a saxon site that has alot of trash in it,the only coil that will work on this site is this small coil,its a real joy to use and also very deep for its size as well.

Well done on your finds,i only have the normal T2 but i wont ever part with it,out again tomorrow and working the site very slowly and methodically :thumbup:

the only small coil i've ever used was on a whites 6000di series 3 and it read lower on i.d. that the 8 in. did. i've dug a lot of dimes since i've had the t-2 and have never had one read in the 70's. sounds like some of yours are reading lower than zincs. what do you get on the pennys and nickles.

Scott, what kind or trash are you dealing with, mostly iron or aluminum, etc. I've had similar experiences as of late. Not coin hunting but relic hunting. Monte did say when hunting in really close proximity of iron, iron will degrade the tone and numbers of the good target if the detector can't recover fast enough

The place is full of can slaw, aluminum foil and iron of all sorts. Pretty sure there are buried electric lines in one area as well. I think it has more to do with the coil as my other 2 coils read the dimes in the 80's. All other denominations of coins read about where I'd expect them, just seems like the dimes reading low. Quarters are 88 - 89, nickels 57-58. Pennies for me fall from low to high 70's and the dimes "usually" are in the low to mid 80's