Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2+ Struggling

I tried that 15" coil too. I ended up selling it. If I need to go that deep I have a GPX 4800 that will do it. I have a 15" for that to and it is not that fun too swing. I usually wear out after a few hours anymore.
The GPX is one high dollar machine! It should go deep lol!

I am with 2 much trash never had a a problem with lead. I don't use the T2 but use a gold bug for relic hunting. I always flag my finds so I can go back and check with other detectors. It is my own property so no big deal. The f5 finds all that the gold bug will detect. My son's F2 will report most . I bought the eqx 800 thinking I would find more, maybe 10 percent at most but did find more iron artifacts due to the multi mode iron falsing to high tone and digging it. Some cool stuff.. I have found the gold mode to be most effective. Probably due to ground conditions. The one thing the eqx needs is a an Fe304 meter like the fishers would be very beneficial when you hit hot ground. So you know what you are up against.

How is the soil in the area where it is struggling? I still use my T2 often. I try and set it up as best I can with the terrain I'm hunting. My goal is to get the machine as stable as I can, ground balance and go. As other members mentioned you do not need the sensitivity cranked up to high. In some soils it can actually hurt your depth. I usually use the NEL tornado on my T2. But I still use smaller coils if I'm digging trashy sites or in thick brush. If I'm on a site where there is civil war or rev war lead. I'm not looking at VDI#s. I'm digging every repeatable signal. And even sketchy ones.
The soil isn't bad. I hunt in Middle TN (Sumner Co.) and typically ground balance in low to mid 50s. I usually stick with the same settings for every hunt; Sensitivity around 75, 0 Discrim., and 2 tones. I'm having the exact same issue with my F75 whose settings are basically the same and regardless if I use FA, DE or JE processes.

The soil isn't bad. I hunt in Middle TN (Sumner Co.) and typically ground balance in low to mid 50s. I usually stick with the same settings for every hunt; Sensitivity around 75, 0 Discrim., and 2 tones. I'm having the exact same issue with my F75 whose settings are basically the same and regardless if I use FA, DE or JE processes.
I forgot to mention I hunt in crop fields. Wonder if the fertilized ground is messing with the detector??

Most hunting was in high mineralization with a lot of Iron Nails and Rusty Tin. There I ran 3-Tone, Disc. 10, Sensitivity 99. In the button areas I favored 2+ Tones, Disc. 10, Sens. 95-99 or BP, also 10 & 99.

Perhaps one difference in performance for me is I'm deaf and relied on Killer B 'Hornet' headphones and those work well for me.

Monte
Love those Killer Bees.
Run them on most All my machines.

Sometimes deep bullets give much lower numbers. Is this the problem?
Could be. I've noticed lead bullets within 2 to 3 inches pick up well. But beyond that the machine acts as if it's not sure on id. I'm finding the bullets but have to pay attention for the higher tone and VDi in the 50's or 60's then on return sweep tone and VDI drops. Back when I swung a White's MXT it loved lead. I'm assuming it did better because it was a 12 kz (I think).

But beyond that the machine acts as if it's not sure on id.
When you think of all the different angles a bullet can be pointing at, it is a wonder that VDI doesn't vary more than it does. Is the bullet on its side, nose end or hollow base pointing up or somewhere in between? What about if it is bent or mushroomed? I pull a lot of bullets out of an old dump/shooting range with "more modern" detectors and the numbers jump on them also. Here in our heavy iron mineralization, cutting back on the T2"s sensitivity smooths the numbers a little but turning the knob to all metal and listening will help more. All it takes is a small turn back to discrimination. The deeper you go with any detector, the less information the numbers provide.

I bought the Teknetics 15" coil about a year ago for $89.00 from Kellyco to hunt fields and artillery shells but that thing was like swinging a hubcap. In an air test it got me about 2 more inches of depth on small targets ( bullet, buttons, ect.) but I could never get my machine to ground balance with it so I sent it back for a refund. Live and learn!
I use the Teknetics 15" Ultimate. Put it on 3 years ago and haven't taken it off. Hits minies at 14 inches with no problems. Have to GB in AM though. I get some EMI interference near power lines but AM hunts quiet near them. Hits hard on brass. I am a relic hunter only.