Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

t2and 5 inch coil

iron bark

Hi I am going out tomorrow with the t2 and a 5 inch coil for the first time in mineralized red ground old river bed and conglomerate any clues on what settings to use

High as you can sens............ Low discrimination for sorting through everything.

Gold its a old river with rubbish mostly tin I have found nuggets there before with 3500.4000,4500and 5000 minelab some places the minelab cannot handle the tin or should I say the tin drives you crazy

Just off the top of my head, the tin cannot be eliminated without losing the gold. I am sure you know that. I would dig only the ID numbers that fall in the gold nugget range for your area, disregard the rest. I am sure there will be junk that is going to be in the nugget range.
Did I send you the PDF file for 'setting up the T2 for prospecting'...if not...let me know here and I will email it to you.

Yes I have some PDF files that were sent to me from Kelly.Discriminate of 35-40 is max 35 is the best any higher than 40 I lose my test pieces of gold a 1.1gram and a 0.3 gram .The tin is not a worry ,tin foil comes in at the same numbers as gold there is not to much of it around this sight and it is sitting with in the first 1 inch of soil where the gold is in the gravels or sitting on top of the clay or in it.So fare the best I have .22 case a 5 inches I was happy with that and it was a good call at that.

If it doesn't cause to much interference, you might want to experiment with the disc set between 0-10 (creates additional gain) for additional depth and sensitivity. This range puts the T2 into a form of overdrive. Its discussed in the notes I sent you. But if your having to decrease the sensitivity due to disc creating noise/instability from being run between 0-10, then just go with what you would normally set your disc at. And run sensitivity at what you normally would for that area. Decreasing sensitivity due to increasing the gain level is not optimum. Increased gain+normally used sensitivity without machine becoming unstable is optimum if it can be done. Never sacrifice sensitivity/stability because of increased gain. Refer to those depth tests I sent regarding disc/gain settings if you aren't clear what I mean by gain and its relationship to the T2's disc setting.
The more mineralized soil is, the less gain that can be applied without the unit becoming unstable.

Yes I under stand with the gpx 5000 its very important to have a stable detector. I was running disc 35 sen 75 and bp, I will try what you suggest with the disc.The 5 inch coil is good the next spot I will try has been gravel stripped the gravel has been removed down to the red clay its worth a go.