Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2SE bringing up the CW lead

IowaRelic

Returned to a swampy area to a union earthwork. Hunted it for 3 hours. T2SE was bringing up the lead from 7-10” pretty good. Forced to use DST and no more than 80 sens in 2+. BP could not be used. Running 11” biaxial. Huge power lines 50 yds away. I can’t figure out how to post pics but, I got 5 3 ringers, 7 Selma arsenal, a chewed minie ball and a mystery bullet with a base on it...

[/pre]

I just discovered your post Iowa. That was a great hunt. Power lines seem to be in a lot of places I hunt. Lately when I get in that situation I set the t2 at 60 sensitivity 25 disc. and still use BP mode. The reason for 25 disc. Is it really cuts down on the emi chatter big time. Even at 25 on disc. I still pull good targets down 8” or more directly under power lines. :thumbup:

I will try that when I go back. The first time I went I had DST off and it was insanity, for several hundred yards on both sides. DST really is an awesome function. I notice far less noise in general when it’s on. That hunt gave me much more confidence in the t2 since I’m still trying to get into detecting in a new state with sandy clay instead of black dirt.

Did you try to shift frequencies to get rid of powerline noise while in the swampy area?

Yes I did. It’s just very intense. I’m going to try messing with it again next time out. It’s workable for sure though.