Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Taking others with you Metal Detecting

CoinRobber

I watch a lot of paystreak super freak video's on you tube and i have noticed he takes "jewelry jim" with him on many hunts plus another guy has joined up and hunts with them.
It seems jewelry jim and the other guy who has started going with paystreak are filling there own pockets now with GOLD and Silver Rings from pay streaks sites!. I once read a book on metal detecting by a guy called
j. webb if i am right i think it was j . webb. One thing i remember him saying was never take others to your sites because all the good finds will be going into the others pockets.
The Gold and Silver Rings are certainly going into jewelry jims pockets if you watch the video's you will see what i say is right. Jewelry jim is definitely out hunting paystreak on the GOLD.
The other guy has started finding Gold & Silver too from pay streaks sites. My opinion is take your self metal detecting , then all the good finds go into your pockets and not the other guys pockets.

👎

Attachments

• gold ring.jpg
    gold ring.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 78
I don't really have a problem taking others onto my sites and they find some good stuff. Great that they do. I'm not greedy that way. Same goes when they return the favor and I find some goodies at their spots. My only beef is when they tell THEIR friends about my spots. It's happened once before and I'm careful now who I take along.

This hobby is nuts. Folks think they are going find that million dollar gold coin or something close to it here in the States. I shared sites and tips but as stated above, they go out with others. I finally bought a detector that they don’t use so that stops.
I am back to being a loner.
One thing though, if you post your finds on this site no matter which detector, folks like it and wish you luck. They also help you understand your machine better and I do try to help when I can.
Best of luck to all

I’ve done this with no reciprocation from one guy, so he’s out. I primarily hunt solo, just because I like being on MY schedule and don’t have to be affected by something someone else needs to do (go home, take a sh*t, get lunch, etc). When I go hunting…I GO HUNTING. No horsing around, I need to maximize my time.

In a few months I wrap up 58 years of hunting and I prefer to hunt alone, or a I hunt with a friend. A good 'hunting buddy' should be a friend, and a good friend is going to be courteous and not encroach on a site I have permission for, and they are also going to invite me to a site they have permission for and I don't hunt it unless I join them. If they violate that trust they have voided a friendship and they are out. Period.

Then there are some favorite sites I like to hunt but not share the locations. I assign them a name I use, such as 'Twin Flats', 'South Lake' or 'Hike-em' Utah. Then there is 'MMG' (for Man-Made Ghost), ''Lone Tree', 'Lonesome Arch', 'Rippville' or 'Lost' in Oregon and I have several others. Some friends know of where I speak, and most don't. One location I like to hunt and only shared n outing or two with three others, and two of them have passed away. I don't mind sharing, but it usually results in 'share and share alike' because it is with trusted friends.

Common, everyday places like parks or schools or renovation work, I have no problem with others also trying to find what I haven't. I wish them luck.

Monte

Interesting thread! I have hunted with a friend for a number of years! He always has to be home in time to cook his wive's dinner or whatever. I have hunted one of his places he found and the rest of the time we hunt my spots I have found. Since I drive 98% of the time it costs a lot of money for gas and he has given me under 20.00 for gas in the last 15 years. Some of those trips are about 50 miles one way! I sent him text messages and ask if he has done any research and he always says not yet. I am always doing research and ask permission to hunt. Now I am hunting by myself. I can come and go as I please! :detecting:

I watch a lot of paystreak super freak video's on you tube and i have noticed he takes "jewelry jim" with him on many hunts plus another guy has joined up and hunts with them.
It seems jewelry jim and the other guy who has started going with paystreak are filling there own pockets now with GOLD and Silver Rings from pay streaks sites!. I once read a book on metal detecting by a guy called
j. webb if i am right i think it was j . webb. One thing i remember him saying was never take others to your sites because all the good finds will be going into the others pockets.
The Gold and Silver Rings are certainly going into jewelry jims pockets if you watch the video's you will see what i say is right. Jewelry jim is definitely out hunting paystreak on the GOLD.
The other guy has started finding Gold & Silver too from pay streaks sites. My opinion is take your self metal detecting , then all the good finds go into your pockets and not the other guys pockets.

👎
It would be interesting though if the others used different detectors just to see the comparison on the same target.
Have seen where one pick up a target and has the other go over it to see how their detector responds to it.
That is real valuable information I think.

Interesting thread! I have hunted with a friend for a number of years! He always has to be home in time to cook his wive's dinner or whatever. I have hunted one of his places he found and the rest of the time we hunt my spots I have found. Since I drive 98% of the time it costs a lot of money for gas and he has given me under 20.00 for gas in the last 15 years. Some of those trips are about 50 miles one way! I sent him text messages and ask if he has done any research and he always says not yet. I am always doing research and ask permission to hunt. Now I am hunting by myself. I can come and go as I please! :detecting:
and he has given me under 20.00 for gas in the last 15 years - He gave you a little over a dollar a year towards your fuel , wow what a mean man he is. He probably has half a million dollars in his bank i bet.

I'm careful not to tell people my hunting spots that way I don't have to kill them.
Good sites where good finds are coming out of should be top secret , never tell a soul , many detector users sadly are real cut throats. Here in the UK the hobby is conducted by a lot of night hawks . i would say 60% of detector users are secret night hawks. Most detector users i know have night hawked , and many i don't know are night hawks. They fight on the fields at night with other night hawks too some times. I heard there can be as many as 20 night hawks on a single
field at night!. The hawks will travel 100+ miles at night to get the silver and gold off the fields.

Night Hawks don't usually go on a field alone. I have never night hawked as i think it's plain stupid, cold at night and dangerous , but some hawks do strike the gold some times. I have heard of many who have had there tyres slashed and cars fired
by the farmer.
Whatever its worth to possibly find a little extra I guess, wow so is it a hobby then or a metal detecting for survival
Peoples minds get the best of them.
You found an extra $50 but need $200 worth of tires now lol

👎
First off, I am not all that impressed with SuperFreak or the way he detects... in my opinion, I am sure he misses alot.
If those other guys are outhunting him, then that tells me they are better at metal detecting than he is.
I have pretty much have hunted with another guy over the years since I started in 2006 and we split gas costs, take turns driving, share sites and are even happy when we have a good day no matter who gets the find of the day.
With this said, sometimes I do prefer to hunt alone and feel he does too..no problem there.
One thing for sure, I do not like to hunt with someone that talks all the time or uses a detector without headphones.

Last edited:
Pay streak openly admits he does not use the meter to decide if he will dig or not , it's all ears and tones for him , my opinion is this is flaw number 1 in his hunting style.
The meter's can give great clues to a skilled meter reader who also has good ears for the tones. Paystreak pays big bucks for metered detectors and don't appear to use the meter hardly much at all
when he buys the manticore which is just a matter of time now , his strong addiction to buying newly released high end detectors will guarantee he buys a manticore. The insanity of buying a manticore
and not using the meter is for you to decide. Flaw number 2 with paystreak is his constant changing and adjusting settings , he does it way way too much. It's a flaw and it is costing him good finds.
flaw number 3 , he takes others to his sites to get his gold and silver , he has about a 66% less chance of finding the GOLD & SILVER on the field he is hunting if he has 2 others with him picking the site
clean of GOLD AND SILVER and coinage. Paystreak has a track record for finding many gold and silver rings true. The reason for this is that he is hunting up to 10 hours or more each and every day.
I guarantee anyone that if you go to the trashiest junk loaded sites and detect them 10 hours each and every day your Collection of Gold & Silver Rings will increase big time. Luck and effort are the main things you need to get GOLD AND SILVER.

Good sites where good finds are coming out of should be top secret , never tell a soul , many detector users sadly are real cut throats. Here in the UK the hobby is conducted by a lot of night hawks . i would say 60% of detector users are secret night hawks. Most detector users i know have night hawked , and many i don't know are night hawks. They fight on the fields at night with other night hawks too some times. I heard there can be as many as 20 night hawks on a single
field at night!. The hawks will travel 100+ miles at night to get the silver and gold off the fields.
My work most of my career has been midnights and second shift. I sleep during the day most always. Hunting at night is just normal to me.
The fields and beaches are sooo quiet and peaceful. At least in my neck of the woods.
Obviously,, no headphones.
Been stalked by Coyote's and two legged critters a few times. I'm never alone. God over my shoulder.
And big Bertha on my hip.

I’ve done this with no reciprocation from one guy, so he’s out. I primarily hunt solo, just because I like being on MY schedule and don’t have to be affected by something someone else needs to do (go home, take a sh*t, get lunch, etc). When I go hunting…I GO HUNTING. No horsing around, I need to maximize my time.
X2!!!
When I did hunt with others, I took my own car.