Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Taking others with you Metal Detecting

Hmm... Friendship IS a great treasure, as is spending time with a friend. And if that friend has the same hobby, great. I think, would I go to the hunting ground alone? Why not share that time in the car and in the field with my friend? Do you value this friendship in gas money? Wow, how generous is that going to be?
There are things that cannot be paid for with money. Time to think, especially at Christmas time.

I imagine this is directed at me. vito...I am on a fixed income due to having 3 neurosurgery procedures and a radiation treatment from 2013-2020. I also have spent years of my time doing research. This fella makes several times the money I do. You should be ashamed of your reply. Happy Holidays to you.

No one was pointed out. Just my thoughts on friendship. If you feel guilty, then so be it. There's an old saying: "If you like these shoes, you have to walk in them."
Happy holidays to you too, and may the Lord bless you for your kindness.

Last edited:
Pay streak openly admits he does not use the meter to decide if he will dig or not , it's all ears and tones for him , my opinion is this is flaw number 1 in his hunting style.
The meter's can give great clues to a skilled meter reader who also has good ears for the tones. Paystreak pays big bucks for metered detectors and don't appear to use the meter hardly much at all
when he buys the manticore which is just a matter of time now , his strong addiction to buying newly released high end detectors will guarantee he buys a manticore. The insanity of buying a manticore
and not using the meter is for you to decide. Flaw number 2 with paystreak is his constant changing and adjusting settings , he does it way way too much. It's a flaw and it is costing him good finds.
flaw number 3 , he takes others to his sites to get his gold and silver , he has about a 66% less chance of finding the GOLD & SILVER on the field he is hunting if he has 2 others with him picking the site
clean of GOLD AND SILVER and coinage. Paystreak has a track record for finding many gold and silver rings true. The reason for this is that he is hunting up to 10 hours or more each and every day.
I guarantee anyone that if you go to the trashiest junk loaded sites and detect them 10 hours each and every day your Collection of Gold & Silver Rings will increase big time. Luck and effort are the main things you need to get GOLD AND SILVER.
Everyone mocks me for using modern detectors and not using the meter. To each his own how they want to use the detector.
If someone is out relaxing fishing do you go up to them and say “hey buddy your not casting that right”
No offense to anyone
I’ll just give another quick example I don’t know if anyone watches sports play sports let’s just take baseball and bowling for example pictures have different styles of pitching I’ve coached baseball you could tell them how to stand and how to throw but they each have their own style of doing it whatever works for them. Bowling is the same way you can tell somebody this is how you’re supposed to throw the ball but I’ve seen pro bowlers who throw a lot more strikes than me I have funky ways of throwing .
Thing is again who cares how they do it as long as it’s what works for them or and some people do it as a hobby just to get out and relax I don’t think there is a right and wrong way of using a metal detector and as I said, there are certain features that I want the metal detector for example, multiple frequencies, waterproof, etc. And all the detectors that have those features I want have a screen believe me if they had a detector and I had everything I want with no screen that would be the detector I would be buying but with all that said the screen and the numbers are starting to grow on me so we’ll see where it goes

Is this a hobby or are we getting graded on style and form. Not like we are watching olympic ice skating geez.
I don’t like to use headphones, ive had someone here say thats not good metal detecting etiquette lmao.
I must have missed that in the manual somewhere. This is basically the only social media site Im on anymore because the internet has made alot of people a keyboard critic.

Is this a hobby or are we getting graded on style and form. Not like we are watching olympic ice skating geez.
I don’t like to use headphones, ive had someone here say thats not good metal detecting etiquette lmao.
I must have missed that in the manual somewhere. This is basically the only social media site Im on anymore because the internet has made alot of people a keyboard critic.
Hey dig dog , if paystreak wants to spend $1500 on a metered machine and not use the meter , then it's his choice, to me it seems nuts.

Hey dig dog , if paystreak wants to spend $1500 on a metered machine and not use the meter , then it's his choice, to me it seems nuts.
Its all personal preference and choice man.
Personally i think someone spending nearly $2,000 on a coin, jewelry, relic detector is nuts when for less then half that you can buy one that will probably find just as much. But its their money and most importantly whatever makes them happy. Who am i to say what someone should spend or do to suite their needs and wants.

I watch a lot of paystreak super freak video's on you tube and i have noticed he takes "jewelry jim" with him on many hunts plus another guy has joined up and hunts with them.
It seems jewelry jim and the other guy who has started going with paystreak are filling there own pockets now with GOLD and Silver Rings from pay streaks sites!. I once read a book on metal detecting by a guy called
j. webb if i am right i think it was j . webb. One thing i remember him saying was never take others to your sites because all the good finds will be going into the others pockets.
The Gold and Silver Rings are certainly going into jewelry jims pockets if you watch the video's you will see what i say is right. Jewelry jim is definitely out hunting paystreak on the GOLD.
The other guy has started finding Gold & Silver too from pay streaks sites. My opinion is take your self metal detecting , then all the good finds go into your pockets and not the other guys pockets.

👎
No wonder they find more stuff than paystreak the way he swings his detector gosh he makes me nuts!
I took two people to my river spot each found multiple silvers and two halves one a barber the other found my white whale a seated!
But I ended up with close to 100 silvers and there's still more there as I will keep going back.
But some guys I know will not share info or spots I prefer to hunt alone most of the time at night day whenever usually when I hunt with friend's I drive my own car as I want to detect and not mess around wasting time!
Mark

Last edited:
No wonder they find more stuff than paystreak the way he swings his detector gosh he makes me nuts!
I took two people to my river spot each found multiple silvers and two halves one a barber the other found my white whale a seated!
But I ended up with close to 100 silvers and there's still more there as I will keep going back.
But some guys I know will not share info or spots I prefer to hunt alone most of the time at night day whenever usually when I hunt with friend's I drive my own car as I want to detect and not mess around wasting time!
Mark
I have had people spot my hunting sites on some of my you tube video's. I went to one of my favourite fields and noticed some one had been digging messy holes. Holes that were big and not well filled.
If you have a good site don't post video's of it or hawkers will hunt your spot. Amazing how such a small world it can be!

I have had people spot my hunting sites on some of my you tube video's. I went to one of my favourite fields and noticed some one had been digging messy holes. Holes that were big and not well filled.
If you have a good site don't post video's of it or hawkers will hunt your spot. Amazing how such a small world it can be!
Unfortunately popular beaches visited by tourists are no secret lol

Unfortunately popular beaches visited by tourists are no secret lol
I can tell you one thing , i drool over those American Beaches. They are for sure extremely nice places to metal detect. I would prefer hunting beaches instead of detecting my trash loaded fields that were coal pit stacks
back to the 80's when they were removed or sometimes skimmed over with soil. My local woods are 2 to 3 hundred years old , picked clean of coins right to the bone. I spent 5 hours detecting them and found just one
old penny:lmfao:

You always wish what you don’t have lol
I wish i had your old historic soil.
Everyone and literally their kids hunt those beaches.The odds of finding something really good are no different

We typically hunt as a family, and we all scout spots. I'm 63, and I typically detect with my younger brother and my mom, we enjoy hunting as a team. Yes, my mom, and she's one of the most die-hard detectorists that you will ever meet!

I have detected with others and as previously said, there has to be some reciprocal site sharing. Sites are too hard to find to just give them away to someone who isn't doing their part in scouting.