Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Taking the Vision to Myrtle Beach next week! Tips?

bud212002

Any of you Beach Hunters have any tips for me? I am going to try to get out at sunrise(for washed in stuff), and around 6:00 PM for lost items. Richard@Backwoods has already told me to take a small camp type shovel instead of a scoop. Any other tips for setting up the Vision for best results??

I spend a few weeks each year there, every year. The problem this year is they have nourished the beach with sand so all
the goodies from years past are buried about 6 ft under the sand. You will be looking for mostly fresh drops. Run it in the beach mode
or if you like another mode better you will need to turn the salt mode on. I hunt the low tides in the wet sand as the water goes out.
I carry a scoop with a big basket as in the wet stuff you will dig and dump your scoop instead of trying to sift it out. a shovel would work
but I like the scoop better. Good luck and take a camera so you can send us some picks.

Jason

Good advise from Jason and I too prefer a sand scoop to a shovel in wet sand. Sand washes out a lot faster and leaves your find in the basket if you are in, or near, water. In dry sand, it is pretty much a toss up to dig and pinpoint or a sand scoop and shake.