Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tale of Two Equinox

WaterWalker

Minelab states an Equinox should not be operated within 45 feet of other detectors.
This would be very difficult to do in a planted hunt!

Has any one verify just how close two Equinox can get to each other before the go crazy? If so, how close?

from page 47:

calabash digger has a good video where he is making a comparison of the 600 to the 800. In it, he lays one of them within a couple feet of the other one, with minimal interference. HH Randy

my wife and I hunt the beach together with 2 nox 800's. we have to be about 20' apart or they act up. I didnt go into trying to noise cancel close together but that might help. I will try next time we are out but typically I hunt way fast than her so Im usually way farther ahead so it doesnt matter either way.

I have hunted 10 15 ft from a ace 400 with no problems but if you get 5 ft they start talking pretty good

If you stand still and noise cancel you can get really close like 4 ft close and still run quite. Is the performance diminished, thats the million dollar question.
If you are competition hunting for shallow targets lowering the sensitivity should make a world of difference also.
Laplander

I can verify that I used my Equinox 800 within 10ft of another Equinox 800 just last Saturday.

Had not even Noise Cancelled.

No interference with using 2.2 and Sensitivity set to 23.

David Di

My question would be is the headphones hard wired or are you using wifi since you can't not use headphones on a hunt field I would use adapter to back of machine I would test this but as of yet Kellyco has not delivered mine. any input would be appreciated TY

Realize..... the manual is written a good bit for the beginner hunter. There is a lot of parts in it designed to make the machine run smoothly...... not by the seat of the pants like a good many of us will run one.

Two weeks ago I was told by ML Customer Service:
"6-8 weeks for the ML waterproof headphones to become available. Unknown availability date for the adapter cable."
That should make it sometime by mid May before we could have one in our hands.
It sure would be nice if they came with right angle (90 degree) connectors.

I`ve run mine right next to two other 800`s and we didn`t have any trouble. We were checking each others signals and everything. We just held the coils back while the other was going over the target and that seemed to be far enough away that we didn`t notice any interference.

A little off topic but Dad and I hunted yesterday and with his AT Pro there was some cross-chatter between the two detectors if we came within 30 feet of each other. We hunted a couple sidewalk strips in an old part of town. I changed from Multi-Freq to single freq on the Equinox and it seems the higher 20kHz and 40kHz settings were more affected by his AT Pro, and vice versa.

Dad scored two Wheats, and I only got one! He showed me, I guess!

CZ, I guess we'll find out soon enough (and first hand) how two EQs work in proximity... :detecting:
...glad you didn't end up having to share the AT with dad.
:)
mike

Not a problem, noise cancel and work side by side with another 800 or a CZ-21, with synchronized swinging..... it is not a problem.
Now with a group (seeded) hunt with multiple detectors, that could be interesting....if you want to abuse people, break out a Garrett ATX and everyone will scatter!

Cliff

I watched a video where two guy were quietly swinging 6 feet apart, one had an 800 and the other an Excal. He commented that he did not noise cancel to make it happen. On the other hand, I remember years ago a discussion on silent cross talk that claimed you lost efficiency in seeing targets even though there was no typical EMI chatter. It might be a good idea not to hunt in packs until this is resolved.

This past weekend I checked targets with a friend using the Deus. My EQX was silent. I even asked him a few times if he was experiencing interference and he said he wasn't.

Is there Any chance that the detector will have diminished performance from "silent emi" from another detector. YOU may not hear it,but the detector can.

doc holiday232 said:
Is there Any chance that the detector will have diminished performance from "silent emi" from another detector. YOU may not hear it,but the detector can.

Exactly. This is the very reason the instructions say to perform a noise cancel every start up, and every time you change modes or freqs. You may not hear the noise, but it could be there and there could be a cleaner, quieter channel which will translate to better IDs and deeper performance. One thing the FBS testers found (but which seems to be lost or ignored by many) was that, when searching a set test garden day after day, you could encounter better performance from different noise cancel channels from one day to the next.