Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tales From The Creek - EP 1 - 2 Incredible Tokens

Danbythecreek

Incredible Johns Pizza Tokens that is. Wan Wan Wannn.
IMG_20211117_222502.jpg

Four cheeses for my wife and Bolognese, pepperoni, eggs and mushrooms. Here they call her three delights. If you were around, she would invite you. 😉 With the pandemic, it was more than a year since we visited our favorite pizzeria.

There is another very good one with eggs and spicacas called Souffle.
But we are not going to talk more about the pizzas, but about your tokens.
Good hunting Dan, the funny thing is that there are two.

There is another very good one with eggs and spicacas called Souffle.
But we are not going to talk more about the pizzas, but about your tokens.
Good hunting Dan, the funny thing is that there are two.
Those tokens are nothing special. I just kicked off my hunting season yesterday and was hoping I would pick up where I left off but it was a dud. just those tokens a cut wheatie and some pocket change

It has been worse for me. This morning I went to detect for a while, but I forgot my headphones. Being a pass-through site, I don't like people seeing me detecting to avoid idiotic questions. So I went home, undetected and found nothing ...:cry2:
The only good thing is that I found some mushrooms and I'm already looking forward to going back to take photos

Funny thing about tokens is I didnt know there is like a whole society of collectors out there. Funny thing about pizza is I didnt know there were so many connoisseurs out there. Funny thing now is I’m looking for coupons to go get a pizza. Vicious circle……

Funny thing about tokens is I didnt know there is like a whole society of collectors out there.
My hunting buddy. came walking over to me the other day and I could see he had something in his hand. Usually we do this if we find a nice jewelry piece or an old variety of silver. In this case he had a quarter size brown disc in his hand and I asked him what it was. He stated a token from a pool hall on Main Street in Memphis Tn, good for 2 1/2 cents credit. A spray of water cleansed it up great. On the way home he told another hunting buddy about the token find. He in turned called a token collector he knew and that fellow in turn called my buddy and offered him $35.00 sight unseen for it. I told my buddy he might want to shop it around some if he planned to sell it

Not trying to hijack Danbythecreek's neat token find thread, but to reinforce Ronstar's comment about a pretty sizable token collectors society out there. HH jim tn

In Utah, the right trade token can bring a few thousand dollars. Most are in the $10 range but if it's a desirable town, cha-ching!
Now I want pizza also...