Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Talked to White's about metal screw over coil.

poptop

Talked to White's today and the metal coil mounting screw was changed about six years ago to fiberglass reinforced nylon. Current machines no longer use metal screws. The metal screw does show up in test and causes a slight north to south mushy needle response as compared to east to west during pinpointing. I though something seemed different! The older machines were set to null out the screw with as little loss possible. If you have an older 6000 di pro and purchase a new coil, it will require a coil adapter kit that they will supply for free. I think I am going to upgrade to the new style lower shaft and nylon screw and forget about converting new coils to fit a metal screw type shaft. For those having the older machines, this might be a sensible update. Warning: you can get different stories from White's depending on who you talk to.

Thanks for the information, I find this very interesting because this same subject was discussed on another forum in the past. At that time it was stated that the metal screw was not a factor. Some folks debated this because the metal detectors were starting to be sold with the nylon screws. Kelley (Texas) :)