Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Target ID For Gold Coins

fastdraw

I live in Virginia City, NV. "The Richest Place on Earth" so finding old silver coins and pennies is easy to identify using
the target ID number. But.... I cannot find any reliable data to identify Gold Coins. Finding gold coins in Virginia City NV. is
still hard,...! but not impossible. My friend just found a really nice 1855 $5.00 gold piece, and he said it displayed
a 19 on the target ID with his Nox 800 in Park-1 Mode.

So does anyone have a reliable record of US Minted Gold Coin target ID's for the following gold coins. $2& 1/2 $5.00 $10.00 $20.00
using the Equinox 600 or 800

Also remember a nickel is at 12-13, pull tab at 16, zinc cent at 18 and copper cent at 21. Oh well, I guess I'll dig it all...
Yea... I noticed the Gold coin numbers match junk. But if Metal Detecting was easy, it wouldn't be any fun..!

I'm with MCH - Zinc at 20-21 copper & clad dimes at 25-26