Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Target ID is where the V3i excels

last week my buddy and I compared signals...him with his Explorer SE Pro, and me with the "V". I think one area where there is no question that the White's excels is in target ID, with the help of the Polar Plot. The signal was constant in the 60's with little smear, but the Polar Plot said it was not a coin. Here is the video of the Explorer without headphones. (Sorry for the poor BB video)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CXi5vv57Ow[/video]

Can you type up more description of how to get proper Id with the V3i Please. I had a great deal of problems getting proper Id in my area..

ie: Coins Id..it was small iron instead

Coin Id..it was screw caps

coin Id .deep pop cans

This was in preset coins program.. Nothing changed on settings.

Those oil lamp parts are absolutely everywhere. I am 99% suspecting something different and then I pull them out. The good news is that medium conductors like brass showing up means I am not leaving any gold behind. I am starting to get the itch again.

Elton said:
Can you type up more description of how to get proper Id with the V3i Please. I had a great deal of problems getting proper Id in my area..

ie: Coins Id..it was small iron instead

Coin Id..it was screw caps

coin Id .deep pop cans

This was in preset coins program.. Nothing changed on settings.

The deeper the coins, the tougher the ID. There have been many times I heard the slight chirp that sounded like a coin and it turned out to be a deep iron nail. Screw caps are easy to ID using Polar Plot in the analysis screen. Coins have straight lines, while twist offs have lines that look like a cursive capital "A". They also do not sound as "tight" as a coin will. Their signal seems to be a bit wider than a coin.

Pop cans are much larger and you can tell the size difference in pinpoint mode. Also they will read much shallower than they are. They tend to have high VDI numbers in the 80's but the dominant frequency will only be mid range.

With a little bit of experience you will be able to hear the subtle differences in targets.

I dug a signal that read like iron this morning with a VDI -27 that turned out to be a small tombac button. Once on the surface the VDI was 14! I had a feeling it was going to be a good target by the pinpoint and the sound quality, rather than the VDI.

n/t

You know what's funny? Sometimes we spend more time analyzing the signal, deciding weather to dig or not and by that time we could have already dug it....;o)

But I really liked the V3i's ability to tell coins from bottlecaps. That saved a lot of useless digs.

Bill_S said:
You know what's funny? Sometimes we spend more time analyzing the signal, deciding weather to dig or not and by that time we could have already dug it....;o)

But I really liked the V3i's ability to tell coins from bottlecaps. That saved a lot of useless digs.

I agree. I think we also take it for granted.

I recently bought a Fisher F4 as a backup detector. I tried it out for 2 hours and HATED it, mainly because crown caps came up solid on "quarter" with no way to analyze the signal. I threw that one up on eBay within a week!

I guess there is no backup detector that will meet my standards anymore.

Hi Jack from penna. These bottle cap signals using my V3i in the 75-80-vdi hitting hard in 7.5 &22.5 at 6 inches are a killer for me.What is ur m.o .to distinguish this target.I dont use polar plot,is there another more efficient disc. process??thanks Jack from penna

The crimped bottle caps read a bit higher for me closer to a quarter. Never the less with VDI that high if it is a coin the 2.5 will hit hardest in pinpoint. Anytime I get the high Vdi and 22.5 hitting hardest it is a cap. I don't use polar either.

Rob (IL) said:
The crimped bottle caps read a bit higher for me closer to a quarter. Never the less with VDI that high if it is a coin the 2.5 will hit hardest in pinpoint. Anytime I get the high Vdi and 22.5 hitting hardest it is a cap. I don't use polar either.

If the VDI is penny or higher, the strongest signal in pinpoint should be the 2.5 KHz. If the strongest pinpoint bar is either 7.5 KHz or 22.5 KHz, it is likely trash. I also noticed a +95 (rejected red bar) show up on my Spectragraph in the 22.5 KHz frequency the other day.

im glad i read this.. i have the VX3 and im in love with the color screen. all the info the detector is telling me is easy to figure out. thanks

Worth noting...... IH cents for me will be 7.5 dominate and I am almost 100% on calling a deep IH hit. :biggrin: But, yes from the Wheats on up, coins should be 2.5 dominate.

The format is amazing..and all the adjustables are remarkable.... The V3i is a Lifetime detector....that will produce more, and more, excellent finds as you learn all the abilities in my opinion..

The screen is awesome !! The build quality is second to none .

Larry (IL) said:
Worth noting...... IH cents for me will be 7.5 dominate and I am almost 100% on calling a deep IH hit. :biggrin: But, yes from the Wheats on up, coins should be 2.5 dominate.

I wish I could make that claim, but for me many thick high quality buttons sound exactly like an IH hit. Locked on 48...Single, thin bars, straight lines in polar plot...Could be a button!