Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Target ID lock?

Sanderling

Hey all: Is there a way to lock the target ID on the CTX? On the Safari a target ID, 37 for instance, will stay on the screen until you hit the next target. On the CTX the ID will only stay on the screen for a few seconds then I have to swing back over the target to get the ID back, so wondering if there is a lock feature somewhere that keeps the ID until the next target is found like the Safari does. My problem is once I look to see the ID number it is gone before I can read the depth. Still learning this awesome machine after 10 months.

you cant watch the screen as you move the coil? No, there is no target lock.

rsarge1 said:
pitch hold will hold it on the screen until the next target is detected

It does? I thought pitch hold just held the tone, like the excal.

My experience is that you will need to sweep over a target enough to remember the VDI and lock it in your head. Pinpoint after you have the VDI in your memory. Even better if you look at where the cursor is located and how sharp the image is. IF you get a sharp image and the number is pretty consistently hitting the numbers you want then dig. Some deeper targets will not stay on the same number but bounce around them a bit however the sound & cursor, should be good without a perfect consistent VDI.

Yes you can lock a target on the screen ,you have to be in pinpoint sizing with target trace on it will build a target with several sweeps of the coil and leave them on the screen. But as for your normal hunting modes you have to watch the screen with each pass it leaves it for a short time and is gone .

So if you find a target that's interesting just go to pinpoint sizing and build it .. sube

thats not really a target lock though because that target blob will go away after a couple seconds.

Target Trace Pinpoint
Press and hold the Detect button to open the Detect Screen Quick Menu and
enable Target Trace Pinpoint.
When enabled during pinpointing, the Target Trace display differs slightly from
normal. The display shows the same Target Trace but the information stays on the
screen. This allows difficult targets to be carefully examined, using multiple sweeps
to build up a stronger Target Trace image, until the trigger is released

This is what the manual said
When in normal pinpoint the detector is loosing sensitivity to narrow down the target when you start to loose sensitivity with each pass you also make target trace weaker and weaker there by loosing it .also if you sweep to wide you will hit another target which will change the cursor location .

Now in pinpoint sizing with target trace enabled it will stay on the screen because your sensitivity stays the same the trace will stay unless you hit another target close by which will change the target trace location on the screen. sube

well crap, I didnt remember it doing that when I played with the mode. Apologies for giving out bad info!

Thanks for the input. I'll try the pitch hold rsarge mentioned and also sube's target trace technique and will let you know how it works out. What my problem was is the target ID disappears before I can read the depth. I have increased the size of the ID on the screen and realize that this obstructs the target blob somewhat. I can always make that smaller if that does not work out. Appreciated everyone's advice.

Jason in Enid said:
well crap, I didnt remember it doing that when I played with the mode. Apologies for giving out bad info!

Don't feel bad I have to do a vid on combine to show conduct is the way to go , I have mentioned that combine works as it should but it does not such as -o- - meaning nail o meaning coin in combine it's low low low and in the ground it's low low low .
Now conduct it's high high high and if you disc out the nails it's just the high where as in combine it's low low low and with nails disc out it's low still there but low .

It seems when I went to ferrous coin combine and I was in 4 tone conduct it also changed it to 4 tone conduct in ferrous coin combine :veryangry:

I have been hunting quite a bit lately but can't post pics they changed the format at imgur and ever time I post a pic it says to large anybody no how to use the new format .

I have been having great success using 4 tone conduct will be showing my settings in the vid I'm making .sube

Following up, I set the pitch hold, target trace pinpoint, and increased the size of the TID/depth on the screen. This worked well, HOWEVER, Jason in Enid is correct in that the TID does go away, but it stays on the screen longer which is long enough for me to digest the information. Jason is also correct in that pitch hold does hold the tone until the next target is found. So,Jason, I did not find your information to be incorrect at all. I really like the adjustments I made based on everyone's input and found $5.29 in coins, two rings, and a toy car at the beach yesterday!