Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Target Rich Environment

I love it finn!!! You've got the "blue beast" and the "big blue n u t's to match. I agree, you gotta keep em "wonderin" a little!!!

God, I hope I'm not too out a line for saying that, I know this is pretty much a "family show" so I'm sorry if I over stepped my bounds. Just trying to have a little fun.

Yea, your right about that. "Ain't gonna find no gold, if the coil don't pass over it" How's that for bad grammar. They'd put me in the corner with a dunce cap, but it's fun to talk like that sometimes.:)

First of all it's great to hear from someone from Minelabs "home country" so to speak and also a fascinating place. Love to visit there sometime. As far as what targets to dig or not is always a tough call, and usually a personal one, because it depends so much on what your willing to pass up or not, the place your digging, how much time your have and other variables. I live in the USA and I ususally notch out the negative numbers beacuse "I think" that they're probably just iron and since I'm mostly on the beaches and parks, not relic hunting that's probably OK, but I just tested a lady's rings the other day and one regestered 7 and the other one was a 14. I think Mike from Virginia Beach, who finds all kinds of gold told me to darn near dig everything on the beach at least because different kinds of gold come it at quite a few different numbers. I would at least dig 1 to 40 if you want to be on the safe side, other wise keep checking the numbers, and comparing what you get with what numbers and also try both of the audio tones to see what differences are in the audio tones between different targets. Good luck on your hunting and keep us posted.:):geek::)
I didn't notice that Mike just responded here. I'd go with Mike's plan if you want the best advice. He definitly has the fruit on the tree, so to speak, and maybe there is some good stuff down in the negative numbers.