Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TARSACCI MDT 8000 & EQUINOX 800 Salt Depth Comparison

Thank you Sir, much appreciated!

aaron

Thanks for the video. Very telling. Wondering what upgrade is coming with MTD.

El

wood love to see what the 3030 would do. I know it is much deeper machine. I own both for just that reason. Thanks for the video

There are no upgrades for the MDT 8000 that I’m aware of. I do know that a lot of us who have had one are just learning how to use the Salinity Balance to overcome mid to high mineralization and salt. Oh, and hot rocks! I know it may not be of much interest on this forum, however I will be posting another head to head video in my test garden w the MDT 8k & EQX.
Sorry, I sold my CTX last year, had one since 12’ great machine! Found my oldest coin w it, 1843 Large Cent.
Thanks!

Since the Tarsacci MDT 8000 is a selectable frequency machine, with 4 available frequencies; it is not clear from the video what frequency was used and why? Also with the salinity adjustment on the Tarsacci, which seems time consuming, that adjusting the machine for detecting a known nickel at 13" at a known location (where you can ideally set the salinity adjustment and frequency) isn't the same as finding the same nickel on the beach somewhere, unknown. That is, when you know you have a nickel down there at a specific location you can adjust the Tarsacci frequency and salinity measure to detect the nickel under those specific salt and target conditions. But in the real world, you don't know what is down there or the best frequency to use or know the ideal salinity conditions since they might change quickly. In the real world (salt water beaches), I doubt if the Tarsacci MDT 8000 could really outperform a multi-frequency machine like the Equinox 800.

A second issue, ignored, is that if the Tarsacci MDT 8000 coil is underwater, sensitivity has to be lowered further to prevent chatter, thus reducing depth. Remember, the Tarsacci MDT 8000 is still a single VLF machine, with 4 separate frequencies to choose from, but not simultaneous multi-frequency (needed for eliminating saltwater effects). The Equinox 800 is a multi-frequency machine and has two beach modes, specifically designed for salt beach underwater use [Even thou Beach 2 is suggested underwater, I prefer Beach 1 all around.]

But I did enjoy the video.

Gold - 20
Silver - 30

I've owned both. You have many misconceptions about the machine. It is not a VLF. It is mutli-domain technology (MDT). Just think of it as a pulse and a vlf combined but neither.

It is deeper than the NOX in and out of the water. In the water, it is much deeper and I can run higher sensitivity and I was able to adjust the salt setting.

I had to use frequency 9 on my salt beach so it runs quieter.

Dankowski website has a whole thread on this machine.

Nickels hit closer to gold rings than any other American coin. I've done this test with several gold rings and my Equinox 800 it's not any different. I've done it with my Excal and it was not any different. I've done it with my 3030, same thing. I did it with my TDI too. In case you are wondering I've had all these machines for several years and know how to use them. I started with the Tarsacci 18 months ago and got 6 hours of one on one, hands on training with the inventor/developer on how to use it. It is the real deal.

What is the price difference between the two machines as I can not locate a price for the TARSACCI MDT 8000

George I believe it's around 1500.oo. But If you hunt in the water I am not sure if it was meant to be a underwater machine. Maybe someone can chime in on that..

IP68 (Up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes)

George I believe it's around 1500.oo. But If you hunt in the water I am not sure if it was meant to be a underwater machine. Maybe someone can chime in on that..

It is submersible but not for diving.