Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI pro or other PI for the beach

I currently have an Excal and finds are getting scarce due to the beach being sanded in. I saw a video comparing pulse machines and the TDI pro came out on top easily hitting the 18" item compared to the others.

The beach I hunt does not have a lot of junk or iron and can go quite awhile with very few nulls so I'm thinking that the TDI pro might be good for these current conditions

So any thoughts? Would this be too much, I should go with a small cheap pi?

Thanks
Jon

I owned the TDI Pro and used it on the east coast of Florida. While it may be a deep machine, it is incredibly difficult to keep it ground balanced. This proves to be very frustrating when searching for deep targets.

i own and use a whites tdi sl and its easy to keep ground balanced, i have read that the pro is a little deeper but its 5 lbs and my sl is only 3 lbs so you might look into the tdi sl it a fantastic machine and i thinks deeper than most pi units out there gl

If you are going to use the Pro on the beach you will do much better if you cut GB off. I use the Pro at times also the CTX 3030 with the 17 inch coil.

I can run my TDI SL on So. Cal beaches in pure PI mode (ground balance turned off). This gives maximum depth and should run just as easily on almost any beach.

yes you can run with the ground balance off if your on a beach with no black sand or other minerlization but not where i live we have heavy black sand its so bad that the tesoro sand shark i had was useless and vlf machines just overload hh

ATX