Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI Pro

John(Tx)

Have been reading on the TDI Pro and it sounds like an outstanding machine and sounds differemt from other PI's. Has anyone used this machine and what did you think of it. What about the TDI SL? Thanks for any info. HH

The Good news ....The Pro goes very deep.... The Bad news, you must dig very deep :stars: .....I Only used the TDI Pro for wet salt sand hunting as a straight PI (No GB) All I can say.... it's the deepest detector I have ever use.... mind blowing deep ... The Pro is also good at coin shooting, once you get the GB figured out.

Also the pro likes small Low conductors..... I've also owned the SL and The Dual field PI's, which are equal in depth ....The Pro is deeper.....The pro has the 14 volt battery system for a reason.... Good luck

Lets have some depth results on known objects such as coins.........it's ok saying how deep a detector is but would be much more useful if we knew exactly how deep they go on say a quarter.
Will somebody actually do a proper,honest test on a coin in the wet sand,if so we will get a better idea if a certain detector is worth switching to.I have a pi from another brand but have been looking at the whites machine........if it was deeper than mine I would probably give it a go.:thumbup:

Lots of videos on youtube of people using the pro at the beach. watch the videos and interpret for yourself how deep the objects are.

I haven't seen any with the TDI SL or with the upgraded battery (any difference in depth or just battery life?)
Even if the PRO is deeper the SL threshold more than makes up for it. No target within range will get passed up. The threshold is that smooth.
I only use the SL on the beach and have never had to ground balance it or play with the frequency. I can stand beside a cell tower and the threshold is still silky smooth.

The dual field and the sl get very good depth on the wet salt sand, don't get me wrong. ... the pro becomes lethal on the wisper targets..... you will be digging small fox holes to recover your coin size object.

I'm very interested on getting my hands on 1 of the PRO models. 1 of the things I like about the SL so much is that no whisper is missed. Any slight murmur or slight disturbance in the smooth threshold is a target. I can take the SL into a spot after using the DF and still hit targets all day long.
I'm working on an improved waterproof setup for the SL. Just need to gather the parts together which is easier said than done living in Asia

I noticed the TDI Pro isn't listed on the Whites website any more - does anyone know if they discontinued it? It only lists the TDI SL model. Thanks!

I was able to possibly get the very last new one over here in the UK recently,Whites Scotland got it shipped over from the US,its a beast of a machine depth wise,i will only be using mine for real deep hoard/artifact hunting,how deep will it go,well that will depend i guess on how big a coil you use,i purchase last week a 18'' Detech and a 20'' Mono coil made by Miner John so it should produce the depth that i am after.

When using the smaller 7.5'' DF coil not only is sit still deep but pretty sensitive to small coin and jewellery size finds as well,also by using the GB and conductivity facility 'you' are able to have some reasonably good discrimination as well,not used it to gain its full potential but should be un-leashing the full potential of it on a pasture site that has produced some roman finds.

If you can get hold of a Pro version grab it as both Whites websites in the US and UK are not showing the machine,so i am assuming its because of the problems of shipping these machines with the Li-Ion battery,the sl versions are also superb machines and very stable but they dont have the battery problems of shipping them.

whites stopped selling the PRO. But it looks like some are still on eBay and there probably are some dealers with some in stock. Just don't think the factory will be manufacturing any more of them

Grilled Scallops said:
Lots of videos on youtube of people using the pro at the beach. watch the videos and interpret for yourself how deep the objects are.
Not very scientific.......too many variables.
The only way to test depth is to test a detector on measured targets......but it seems people are reluctant to do this.I don't mind going first with my detector and if someone could do it with the tdi I can compare the depth properley........as long as the tests are honest.I believe people are reluctant to do this because they are worried about being dissappointed with the results..........no one wants to be outdone do they.:)

Nauti Neil said:
Grilled Scallops said:
Not very scientific.......too many variables.
The only way to test depth is to test a detector on measured targets......but it seems people are reluctant to do this.I don't mind going first with my detector and if someone could do it with the tdi I can compare the depth properley........as long as the tests are honest.I believe people are reluctant to do this because they are worried about being dissappointed with the results..........no one wants to be outdone do they.:)

Man, you didn't even do a search! People are reluctant to do what you're asking because it's already been done. I'll spoon feed ya. Here is a depth comparison on a nickel with measured depths of 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 inches. The detectors compared are the pro, atx, infinium, surf pi and the sand shark. Settings are revealed to the viewer (all detectors are tweaked for maximum depth and minimum disc). The pro is the deepest, squeaking just a little more depth than the atx (both detectors can get the 16 inch). It's ad free, so allowed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pNtGN6rWYk

That same guy has lots of videos of him on the beach hunting old stuff with the pro. He goes 10us pulse and max gain, no GEB, i.e. the deepest setting. If the above video doesn't give you an idea of the depth, his other videos will.

That Video was shot on the East coast.... I got the same Results from Southern california...... I can not say anything about The Pro on Gold nugget or relic hunting.....The Pro On Straight PI mode, on wet Salt sand..... good OH Golly it's Deeeeep.

sad that it appears Whites discontinued The Pro... I know they had Shipping Issue's with the pro on the Pro's Battery system. (That's why the SL was conceived)

The tests done with all the machine's was very informative. There is on thing I noticed that could be of interest but not a issue in his testing. He taped the coins (nickels) using duct tape on the sticks then buried them.

Would it been better to attach the coins using a hot glue then bury them for at least a week?

I think that would give the target time to be saturated in salty wet sand. Thoughts?

TC-NM

TC-NM said:
The tests done with all the machine's was very informative. There is on thing I noticed that could be of interest but not a issue in his testing. He taped the coins (nickels) using duct tape on the sticks then buried them.

Would it been better to attach the coins using a hot glue then bury them for at least a week?

I think that would give the target time to be saturated in salty wet sand. Thoughts?

TC-NM

Only relevant if you're finding targets that have been trapped for a long time in sand that doesn't normally get disturbed. Most of us who look for gold in the low tide areas are searching sand that gets shifted daily. In this sense, the freshly buried nickel test is very valid. Also it's very arguable just how much of a "halo effect" an item that doesn't readily corrode, such a gold ring, would produce.