Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI question

etex

.58 caliber minnies come in at 16 on my 800, the charts show 18, and hunting partners 800 they come in at 18, running in field 2 with no adjustments. Not a problem, just wondering why the difference. Both detectors in the most current update.

My Minnies were coming in at 18 to 20 but I dug some as low as 16. Upon cleaning them the Calibers were from 54 and up so there would have been some mass differences on my bullets. Prices Confederates weren't well equipped.
Jeff

I know you ment TID now........ thought you were asking a question about the new whites machines before i read the post. Did you run yours over his detector? If so..... some have suggested rebooting (unloading and reloading) the new version after a factory reset. See what that does.

He called me over to one of his signals, was 18 on his detector and 16 on mine, he dug it and was a Minnie ball. Dug 10 Saturday and all came in at 16 so it's not the caliber. Like I said it's not a problem to me, just curious why they are different

My Nox also hits most of the .58 minies in the 16 range. I do have some that are also .58s that come in lower, and some higher. I wonder sometimes if the lead they used was mixed or different. I have some Enfields that read in the mid 20s on the Nox and will read as a dime ID on other machines. That is odd that your friends machine IDs the same bullet with higher numbers though.

Not every detector is calibrated exactly the same out of the factory.
You would think they were but...nope.
Reading the forums I have read about others using my exact same detectors being slightly off my numbers but they were in other parts of the country with different dirt.
Then I hunted with others that used a couple of my detectors in the same sites and they were still different which was surprising.
Not a big deal, really, you just need to adapt to your number range on your detector and don't worry about anyone else's.
If your friend didn't have one and hunt where you hunt you would have never realized this was a thing.

Just what is said above...every detector is made uniquely. I have a CTX 3030 and my detector goes about 2” deeper than all of my friends CTXs. I asked about this to a friend who makes Detector’s and he said the coils are different. Don’t sweat it just make not for next time. Also are you in multi frequency?