Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Technical coil question for the group

jtram

I have been using the CTX exclusively lately trying to learn it. I have been using the ferrous coin and combine I have noticed that when I hit a target and start the process of deciding to dig and pinpointing I try several things. Pinpointing and the wiggle back recently. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks using the wiggle back that I lose the signal about mid way in the coil. I can hear it from the middle to the tip but not so much from the middle to the back.

Which made me start wondering if only half the coil was working. Any ideas why this would be.

When you dig signals that do this are you finding good targets or iron falsing? Did you check to see if there was trash being disced out that caused you to lose your good signal? I find that when I do the wiggle method my target stops giving an audio indication about 2 inches from the edge of the coil. If there is shallower trash around the target it will disapear and reapear as I circle the target etc. Typically when I get a good target and pinpoint the first audio response I get after I let go of the pinpoint button is a good audio response. If its an iron grunt its a false signal I was chasing. Also a lot of times I will only get a good audio response in the dead center of the coil depending on the trash level and depth of the target.

I am using a wide open screen with no disc in the F-C with combine tones ferrous line set at 24. Auto +2
When target is located and all the circling is done and I am going to pinpoint this target. Sometimes I will use the pinpoint switch and seems dead on accurate. I started trying to learn the wiggle back and noticed that it appears that I am not hearing the target the full length of my coil. Kind of only on the front half. I am not holding the pinpoint down when I am doing the wiggle back.

The pinpointing hasn't been the issue. What crossed my mind that only half the coil was working. This may not be the case but it seemed that way yesterday and didn't put two and two together until I got home last night

No clue. I've never done the wiggle back method from the back of the coil. I tried it twice and when I realized the audio response stopped while the target was still under the coil by an inch or two I just switched to straight pinpointing.

Got home and done some testing in the yard. I was imagining things. What I did learn with a dime laying in a clean spot on the ground was manual set at 28 hits the dime further off the ground than auto +3. May be trying that next time I go out. Thanks to the Missouri boys for posting their finds and settings for that one