Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Technically I found a $15,000 gold wedding ring, technically…….

Ronstar

So today was like any other day until I got a frantic phone about a lost wedding ring. I was going to go up to the campus anyways but this could be an epic recovery! I get there and group of young adults are gathered looking like the world was ending. And then I get the story…….
Young couple married yesterday, both graduating seniors and decided to have their reception on the expansive Administration Lawn late yesterday afternoon. It is quite a picturesque setting, an old campus with lots of mature trees etc. Of course there were photos….. they played some type of a wedding “ring” toss and pics of the bouquet toss etc. I asked, “ring toss?” Well, more like a frisbee toss of some type. They were horrified the freshly placed wedding ring came off her finger either during the “toss” game or the bouquet toss. They spent several hours last night and hours this morning looking in a somewhat confined area, nada. This morning they returned and with more family and friends began looking yet again. An older gentleman went to the local spirting goods store and bought a detector, the name I have never seen. Looked like a broom stick with a frisbee attached I swear. He complained all it did was chatter…..
Well, yes. They were in the infamous EMI Hell Zone (as we call it)! I thought to myself this is going to be interesting as about the only way you can hunt this area is in 4khz using the Legend. About this point I zero in on the fact the young bride had a gauze bandaid around her left hand fingers……”So what happened here” I asked? The groom said she reached for a pan on the propane burner on the reception table and got minor burns on three fingers. Ok. “What was the first thing you did for first aide”, I asked? “She put her hand in the ice bucket”…… and everyones eyes got big and I swear they started racing for a car about a block away. No one thought about the ice bucket!
Through some type of divine intervention the ice bucket was never emptied, any guesses what was in the bottom of the ice bucket????
They offered to pay me a reward but I simply couldn’t take it…… I didnt really do anything other than make that one critical observation. I had to leave, too many people crying.
Im in several photos but I didnt take any. How did they get my name? Seems I left one of my cards with one of her friends who remembered getting it, and saved it, cuz she remembered my saying “you never know when you’re going to lose something and need someone to find it”.
I got the biggest most honest hug I think I ever got from basically a stranger.
Went on to find a ‘65 quarter and two ‘64 nickels. Stupid almost silver.
What can you say???

Losing the ring on the wedding day Lol. Looks like your smarts prevailed on this one! Nice call on the bucket.
Sounds like you turned some frowns upside down and tears of sadness to tears of joy. And I'm sure anytime they think back on it they will still feel grateful for the help.

Your investigation skills solved the mystery!

So today was like any other day until I got a frantic phone about a lost wedding ring. I was going to go up to the campus anyways but this could be an epic recovery! I get there and group of young adults are gathered looking like the world was ending. And then I get the story…….
Young couple married yesterday, both graduating seniors and decided to have their reception on the expansive Administration Lawn late yesterday afternoon. It is quite a picturesque setting, an old campus with lots of mature trees etc. Of course there were photos….. they played some type of a wedding “ring” toss and pics of the bouquet toss etc. I asked, “ring toss?” Well, more like a frisbee toss of some type. They were horrified the freshly placed wedding ring came off her finger either during the “toss” game or the bouquet toss. They spent several hours last night and hours this morning looking in a somewhat confined area, nada. This morning they returned and with more family and friends began looking yet again. An older gentleman went to the local spirting goods store and bought a detector, the name I have never seen. Looked like a broom stick with a frisbee attached I swear. He complained all it did was chatter…..
Well, yes. They were in the infamous EMI Hell Zone (as we call it)! I thought to myself this is going to be interesting as about the only way you can hunt this area is in 4khz using the Legend. About this point I zero in on the fact the young bride had a gauze bandaid around her left hand fingers……”So what happened here” I asked? The groom said she reached for a pan on the propane burner on the reception table and got minor burns on three fingers. Ok. “What was the first thing you did for first aide”, I asked? “She put her hand in the ice bucket”…… and everyones eyes got big and I swear they started racing for a car about a block away. No one thought about the ice bucket!
Through some type of divine intervention the ice bucket was never emptied, any guesses what was in the bottom of the ice bucket????
They offered to pay me a reward but I simply couldn’t take it…… I didnt really do anything other than make that one critical observation. I had to leave, too many people crying.
Im in several photos but I didnt take any. How did they get my name? Seems I left one of my cards with one of her friends who remembered getting it, and saved it, cuz she remembered my saying “you never know when you’re going to lose something and need someone to find it”.
What can you say???
What can you say ? Good on you Ronstar, you made that couple's year. All from your powers of observation. Maybe no silver this trip but karma will bring you good things in the near future. Maybe a nice gold honker with no way of Id'ing it. Good luck. Mark

That was so cool , you solved the riddle , epic""

What can you say???
Great job!(y)