Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teddy Roosevelt Token found

Explorer.se

I was itching to hit this old park that I had previously found a 1917 and 1919 wheat Penny when that chance arose yesterday. It was a short hunt of about an a hour and a half when I found this 1923 P wheat Penny, 1927 Mercury dime, this crusty Jefferson nickel and the Teddy Roosevelt Token. Has anyone found one? If so does anyone have any history or knowledge as to when these were minted? Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5373.jpeg
    IMG_5373.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5369.jpeg
    IMG_5369.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5362.jpeg
    IMG_5362.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5372.jpeg
    IMG_5372.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5370.jpeg
    IMG_5370.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
This token was made by the Scovill Manufacturing Company of Waterbury, Connecticut during the mid-20th century. I have found plenty of these tokens but not Teddy even though I have hunted at fairgrounds he gave speeches at , nice find . sube
Thank you Sube at first I thought it was a quarter but then was presently surprised 😲

This token was made by the Scovill Manufacturing Company of Waterbury, Connecticut during the mid-20th century. I have found plenty of these tokens but not Teddy even though I have hunted at fairgrounds he gave speeches at , nice find . sube
Great information.. I have a couple that I have found too, but also have found the aluminum version that came in Cracker Jacks at some point.
I have Grant and Harding on the ones like shown above by the OP.

I was itching to hit this old park that I had previously found a 1917 and 1919 wheat Penny when that chance arose yesterday. It was a short hunt of about an a hour and a half when I found this 1923 P wheat Penny, 1927 Mercury dime, this crusty Jefferson nickel and the Teddy Roosevelt Token. Has anyone found one? If so does anyone have any history or knowledge as to when these were minted? Thanks for looking.
Good stuff, congrats

Never know what we will get until the plug is turned over!